Pregnant or Not.... HELP!

emmie_1980

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am new to this site, Mummy to a 10 year old and TTC for baby number 2. Looking for a bit of advice from expectant mums or anyone who may have been through the same......

Had my implant removed May 11th. I have done 5 pregnancy tests - 4 clear blue that were all positive, 1 doctors one which came back negative. 2 positive blood tests - bloods had doubled. Experienced pains and heavy discharge (no blood) so went to hospital and a scan was done. Could not see anything, no sac, lining of my womb hadn't thickened, not anything to indicate I was pregnant! Was even told that by the scan it looked like i was ovulating :sad: Was asked to have another blood test.... results have doubled again! I am now so confused, I have been booked in for another scan but I am now so upet by it all. Has anyone ever known for the removal of the implant to give fake pregnancy results or do you think I am just too early for it to show up on a scan? Apart from my boobs growing slighty, I have not had any signs of pregnancy. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Emmie xx

I think your probably just too early to see anything. You should see something by 5 weeks so maybe there will be something on your next scan. Only other thing could it be a chemical pregnancy which would explain the positive tests. Hope you get some good news soon x

I asked the midwife that and she said that if it was a chemical pregnancy then my bloods would not double so i'm not sure. I will just hope or the best tomorrow! Thanks xx

My SIL had a molar pregnancy which meant she had all the symptoms of pregnancy but without the baby forming, unfortunately for her she didn't know until her 12 week scan, this is quite rare though. Got my fingers crossed for you, let us know how you get on.

the blood results are a possitive sign, did they give you an internal??
how far along do you think you would be? before 5 weeks they find it really hard to find anything on a scan so keep your fingers crossed your bean is just hiding.... dont mean to scare you but did they check your tubes for eptopic??
i hope you get the results you want good luck hun x x

Thanks Sarah - will keep you posted.

No they only done the scan on my stomach, they said with my bloods doubling that there is definitely something somewhere but they were reluctant to give me an internal scan. I'm really not sure how far i would be, I havent had periods for years due to the implant so it could have happened anytime after removal. Last week the clear blue digital indicated i was 3+ from conception so I kind of guessed around the 5 week mark? Hopefully I will find out more tomorrow xx

I'm suprised at them not doing the internal scan, as its unlikely they would pick anything up on the other one (I had a scan around the same time, the sonographer gave up pretty quick using the normal one and then detected a gestational sac using the internal probe).

So was I tbh.... i think they doubted that I was even pregnant, it was only when they got my blood results back that they booked me in for a follow up scan.

im also surprised they never did a vaginal scan know this sounds really bad but me friend hormone levels doubled and raised and there was nothing there in scan so they brought her bak in had closer look by doctor found it in her tube was ectopic pregnancy a cant uinderstand why they have just left u x

good luck with your scan today :) fingers crossed they find a lovely little bean in there x x

All went well.... I am 5 weeks. All looked perfectly normal, I have got to go back in 2 weeks for another scan. Fingers crossed! So pleased! x x

:pompom: yay pleased for you hunni fingers crossed to a happy, healthy 8 months xxxx

glad all was well i was going to give you details of when i had my implant out and i caught straight away too but as all is well no need :) congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back