Pregnancy Test Question ?!?!?!?

tinker_bell

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry if I'm driving everyone mad here, but despite not 'trying for a baby' since I've been having strange symptoms all week - I literally caanot think of anything else!

Would/should a pregnancy test pick up a pregnancy 17/18 days after conception?

I feel so 'pregnant' had awful nausea since Monday, feel headachey, really tired, tummy pains, had food aversions (tea and coffee, bleurgh) sore boobs and just generally feel a bit 'away with the fairies.

I also 'think' I'm late for a period, but can't be sure as I didn't write my dates down.

I did a test today and it came up negative, I was really shocked because I was so sure I was?! I was 98% sure, because I thought I could just 'feel it' if you know what I mean?

Not sure if a) I should have bought a better test (got tescos own) b) I did it too early or c) I should have waited for my morning wee.

As I said, we weren't even trying for a baby, but have kind of gotten used to the idea now and was really dissapointed today

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm going to a party tomorrow and not sure whether I should be getting drunk or not? ;)

Thanks in advance for any help!

x

Best not to get drunk...just in case.. :lol:

Symptoms sound right to me. If it's very early days then you should test first thing in the morning.
If you're not sure that you've passed the day that your period is actually due then i think you should get a good test (one that mentions testing early) and test again with your morning wee!!!

Good luck hun!!!

I'd not drink for starters just in case. Till you know one way or the other.

And your symptoms do sound like early PG ones. Best bet is to buy a decent test and use it in the morning when you wake up. If you are unsure of your dates I'd maybe wait a few more days before testing again.

:)

I would try a digital test. When I tested I wasn't sure if it was a + or not with the boots own brand, went straight out and got a digital and there in black and white it said pregnant.

my tests came back neg in the first instance as I didn't use my first wee and tested too early.

I wouldn't drink just in case- I used to use the "I'm on antibiotics' excuse if that helps....

x

Thanks all - will buy a good one and wait a couple of days and use my morning wee.

I've had period like pains for days now, and nothing!!!

x

I've had a couple of false calls but only since my m/c last year :think: I'm seem to have become a lot more sensetive when I'm due on :roll:

tinker_bell said:
Thanks all - will buy a good one and wait a couple of days and use my morning wee.

I've had period like pains for days now, and nothing!!!

x

Im still having period like pains lol! Good luck sweetie!! :D :pray:

Thanks all! Time is ticking by so slowly - waiting for my period or for something else to happen (not sure what!) hee hee!
x

hey, just wanted to say that i felt how you did - and i was on the pill yet i was sure that i was pregnant (and i'd never been pregnant before). The first 3 tests were negative (i was doing one a day) then one was REALLY faint and i took it as a negative (i didn't know it counted back then) then 2 days later i got a bright positive one!

Hey hun

Maybe it's just a tad early.

I bought a VERY cheap test! Was from a pound shop and had 3 test strips in the pack! Plus it was an afternoon wee and still got a BFP on all 3.

Fingers crossed for you! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back