Pregnancy test turned negative

niblet

Reaction score
I'm really frightened. My sickness and sore boobs have been declining over the last few days and today I woke up feeling completely normal so I took a pregnancy test for reassurance and it came out negative. I've phoned the fertility unit and they're getting me in for a scan this morning to check the baby. I hope everything is okay, I'm going to be heartbroken if not. Has anyone else had pregnancy tests turn negative? The nurse at the fertility centre centre said she'd be surprised if my hormones had dropped that much since I had a scan showing a heartbeat 6 days ago and that it was probably a duff test.

:hug: Hopefully it is a wonky test hun.

Have you got another one to try?

Good Luck at your scan - :pray: praying everything is ok for you x

Kim x x x :hug:

I cant offer any advice hun just wanted to say hope everything is ok and the test was just duff!! xx :hug:

My sister in law got her bfp same time as me with a home test, she went to the docs to get it verified cause she has had lots of m/c last year but when the doc did a test it came back negative and she was gutted, she got sent to the hospital for blood tests and her hormone levels were realy high and she was definatly pregnant, the hosp said it must of been a faulty test.

Good luck, false negatives are not unheard of hun :hug:

I agree with the others - it seems far too soon after your scan showing a good healthy bean for your levels to have dropped below the level that a HPT would detect - especially when you consider that you can still get +ve results on them week after having miscarried.

I'm sure it's just a duff test, please try not to worry. Hope all goes well with your scan :hug:

Oh you must be so worried hon but as people have said, the scan sounded excellent and it was probably a dodgy test. For it to turn negative that quickly sounds very suspect.

TRY not to work yourself up over it... Can you test again?
xxx :hug:

Aww, thanks for the kind words everybody. I'm back from the scan and everything is absolutely fine. Bloody First Response, I feel a bit ridiculous for going now but they were really nice about it. It must have been a duff test. That is most definitely the last test I do, stupid things. It was lovely actually because when I went last week for a scan the baby was slightly smaller than it should have been based on my dates but it's grown 8mm in 6 days and has caught up and is now exactly the right size. So I do feel much much better now. Thanks for being lovely, everyone. It's so nice to have all you lot being lovely when I feel really neurotic about everything. Must try and calm down.

That's excellent news! Stupid tests, honestly!!!

So pleased all is well :hug:

Back away from the tests! :hug:

Don't worry - we've all been there - I don't think there's one woman on this forum who didn't do at least five more tests after their first BFP just to be sure! I think two scans should be all the proof you need now :lol:

Glad all is OK :hug:

aww i'm glad the scan was ok!
:hug:
and thats definately put me off of testing again!!
xx

Great news! :hug: No more testing and giving yourself a heart attack!

Kim x x x x

Chopsie said:
Don't worry - we've all been there - I don't think there's one woman on this forum who didn't do at least five more tests after their first BFP just to be sure! I think two scans should be all the proof you need now :lol:

I must be weird as all I did was 2. I'd gone through 3 tests before the BFP so all I had left was a double pack of Boots tests.

Congrats on the scan today and I'm glad everything is ok for you.

yummy-mummy said:
Chopsie said:

I must be weird as all I did was 2. I'd gone through 3 tests before the BFP so all I had left was a double pack of Boots tests.

Congrats on the scan today and I'm glad everything is ok for you.

I must be weird too :lol: i only did 2 tests (first was very faint posative so i did another a couple of days later just to make sure)

And me! I only did one - not till five days after LMP, so it was a real definite BFP. I keep really wanting to do another one, just to make sure it's still there, but I'm a right tightarse and resented having to pay the £8 in the first place so I keep telling myself that's stupid!

I did one 2 days before AF, another the day of my appointment (just to check) and have gone out and bought 2 more cheapies... I am saving them but want to have them there when I have a wobble :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back