Pregnancy test lighter :( - Worried

Little miss pink

Reaction score
As most of you know i am a recovering POAS addict having done around 58 tests since my first BFP at the beginning of the month.

But recently I've been really good and i've cut it down to one test every other day now and this mornings test was the first i'd done in 3 days.

But ..........this morning my test really worried me because for ages now the test line has been as strong as the control line but this morning the test line was noticably lighter than the control line and the other recent test lines.

So now i'm worried my hormone levels aren't what they should be and i read yesterday that the HCG hormone should peak at 10 weeks but i'm only 6 weeks 3 days so it really shouldn't be subsiding now

Anyone else had this? - I'm really worried as hormone irregularitys are common with PCOS which is what i had and can cause miscarriages so i'm really worried my hormones aren't doing what they should to kook after my bean. :cry: :cry: :cry:

LMP x

Hi lmp, try not to worry :hug:

Was this test the same brand? Was it at the same time of day? Had you consumed a lot of fluid prior to taking the test? All of those things could affect the line. Maybe it is a fault with the test itself?

If I were you i'd take another. If the line is still faint then go to your doctors and ask that your Beta hcg levels be monitored every other day.

Yes they were the same tests and same time of day etc etc.. I don't know if i drank more water through the night but i'm praying its something like that! :pray: :pray: :pray: OR even better na dodgy test.

I'm going to take another one when i get in and again in the morning and if they are still lighter i will ring the doctor to see about the blood test.

God i never imagined i'd be this neurotic when i got my BFP - Whats happened to me i'm usually so laid back!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :roll:

LMP x

That's what mummys are for lmp! To worry tirelessly about their little ones :)

I'm sure the little monkeys worry us on purpose sometimes! I'm sure everything will be fine :hug:

That's what mummys are for lmp! To worry tirelessly about their little ones :)

I'm sure the little monkeys worry us on purpose sometimes! I'm sure everything will be fine :hug:

I don't think you should worry about it. It's very easy to get carried away with terrible thoughts when it comes to fainter lines on pg tests etc, but at the end of the day as long as you;re getting your BFP still I'd not be too concerned. If you are... you could always go to your Dr and ask for a blood test to check your HCG levels are increasing. I'd do another tomorrow with FMU and see what that is like though xxxx

Hun I really wouldn't worry. I know it is so difficult to stop testing but you really should now you have had the scan and seen the heartbeat. You're not achieving anything by continuing to test, except worrying yourself unecessarily.

Remember what everyone says ' a line is a line'!!! Don't read too much into it...

As I have said before, your temps are still high which is great. You have absolutely no reason to think that there's anything wrong, you're not bleeding, or in any pain...you've had a scan, it's a viable pregnancy, you've seen the heartbeat.

Loads of women only do one test and take that result as final. I know its so difficult when you are used to POAS, and I know how much this pregnancy means to you - BUT for your own sanity, you've got to stop testing!!

:hug:

every ones different hun. when will your next scan be? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back