Pregnancy books?

Nurse 26

Reaction score
Has anyone bought and good books? I got given one by the midwife at booking in appointment but its not very detailed

Anyone bought any good ones that are worth the money?

I love the rough guide and hated what to expect when your expecting.

Havn't bothered reading anymore!

I bought the Babycentre book which is quite good with week by week as well as other bits and pieces x

To be honest - ive not really done much reading. ooops. The one from the mw is about it and havent even read all of that. I much prefer reading about peoples real life experiences - like on here - cos you always get a good mix of info.

xxx

Thanks ladies!

Pinky i've heard that, what to expect when your expecting is not very good!

i_maclean, i havnt read much in the book from midwife either, i think i want a book thats got more about the technical bits about labour in it....must be the nurse in me :)

Some of the books seem a bit pricy, so dont want to waste my pennies on any rubbish ones! xx

I got the DK pregnancy day by day book, which is awesome!! Big book and loads of daily info and pics. I love it! X

You could try your local Library and if there is one you find very helpfull after the 3 weeks you could then go out and buy it, So far from the 4 i was given by a friend I find them all fairly usless, Afraid I can think of the names of them though sorry

I didn't really bother buying books this time, I just use this site http://www.babycentre.co.uk/ pretty much tells you all you want to know it has videos and all the stages of your baby and you, tons of stuff on there, I love it :D

ISH and sunny, i seen this one and really thought it looked good so thanks for confirming :) this one is top of my list now.

Might take a browse round the library too and see what i see.

xx

A friend gave me 'What to expect when you're expecting' which is just ok, but another friend gave me 'Your pregnancy bible' by Dr Anne Deans which I like. Every week my OH and I sit down on the sofa and read what's happening with the bean this week!! Goes all the way from pre-conception to post-birth.

I'm selling a good book "the best friends guide to pregnancy"

It's in the classifieds section if any of you girls are interested :)

X

I read tracy Hogg's "baby whisperer" and thought she was fab and gave good common sense guidance for new mums with their LO's. Enjoy your reading xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back