Pregnancy Support Band

Kerrykins

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had a midwife appointment this morning and it turns out I do have SPD which I had suspected but hoped not of course. The midwife told me to get a pregnancy support band as that should be enough at this stage.

She said to put "pregnancy support band" in amazon and that they are fine etc and pretty cheap. I've done that but it brings up loads of different ones and none of them have very good reviews.

Has anyone had one at all that they could recommend? I just don't want to waste money on a rubbish one. Even the more expensive ones on amazon don't have great reviews.........

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
K xxx

I got this one from mothercare - http://www.mothercare.com/M2b-Suppo...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7 I find that it helps to support the weight of my bump and makes it feel a bit more secure. For me though it doesn't really heklp with the spd related hip pains. I was given a Serola Belt by my physio which does help to support the hips but i can't wear it for very long as i find it uncomfortable. xxx

I have the nexcare one from mothercare I don't want if u want to try it? It is 30 odd quid in the shop but u can have it for a tenner! Xx

It's this one
5221b1f2-6975-0a6e.jpg

Thanks Dee. My hips don't seem to be too bad as yet to be honest, just under my bump and in my groin - can't open my legs (so to speak!) without it hurting.

Now that looks much better than the ones I've been seeing MrsMc. Do they come in sizes though? My only conern is I've seen pics of you and think you are quite a bit smaller than me. That said, if it's one size and adjustable I'd definitely be interested. Ta x

Nope one size fits all it's adjustable so it should be fine :)

Excellent - done deal then. Do you want to PM me how you want to be paid etc and I'll sort it out. Thanks so much xxx

I'm a dinlo, I've said for you to PM me and a little pop up thing has just said you have but I can't find it - ha ha ha. Can you tell me where to find it please?

Hi ladies just wondered what were your first symptoms?? My groin area hurts and hips hurt when I'm driving. :( how do they test too x x

Sounds the same as me to be honest (my right hip is killing today!!!). They didn't do a test. I just told my midwife what was happening and said I assume it has to be a lot more severe to be SPD and she said no this is SPD. I would just mention it to your midwife if I were you. She/He should know the syptoms. Hope you get it sorted anyway.

does sound like SPD!! was given my support belt by physio is uncomfortable to wear at times (at the point where i have to have it on constantly now) but compared to the pain if i dont have it on i'll put up with some discomfort !! SPD is the pits but at least once our lo r here it will get better !!! xxx

Well went to the mw today and she said it's one of those pregnancy things!!!
She has said it should get better as baby moves upward if it doesn't then she can refer to physio but then added they don't really do anything!! :(
So I'm going to buy a bump support, nothin too big but hopefully will make a bit of a difference xxx

I had this with Alisha-Mae so can totally sympathise with you, altho i got given my support belt from NHS when i needed one xx

does sound like SPD!! was given my support belt by physio is uncomfortable to wear at times (at the point where i have to have it on constantly now) but compared to the pain if i dont have it on i'll put up with some discomfort !! SPD is the pits but at least once our lo r here it will get better !!! xxx

Phew! Nice to know theres light at the end of the tunnel.

Well went to the mw today and she said it's one of those pregnancy things!!!
She has said it should get better as baby moves upward if it doesn't then she can refer to physio but then added they don't really do anything!! :(
So I'm going to buy a bump support, nothin too big but hopefully will make a bit of a difference xxx

Hmmmmm that's what the doctor said to me a couple of weeks ago - in other words hard shit - not exactly helpful! But the midwife was much better. Yep, I reckon go ahead and get a belt - it certainly shouldn't do any harm.......hope it starts to ease off soon xxx

Cheers Hun, I'm going to get one at the weekend :( and yes hard shit was exactly what it felt like lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back