Book recommendations

Jessywoohoo

Reaction score
I know I should know everything about pregnancy and birth given my job, but I really want to buy a good pregnancy book to read from this perspective, have any of you bought any books or know of any good ones? X

I won't be buying any, wpmen have been having babies for thousands of years and got on fine without one, I think it's unnessasary

Agree, I've never bought any books. I don't find that they tell you anything you don't already know and believe me, when it comes to labour, any book would be out of the window! x

And its not just that, you don't learn anything until you have a baby, so I really dont see the point!!

Ive found one on amazon called the pregnancy guide which has very good reviews, have a look? xxx

im not going to buy one as theres too many myths & horror stories as it is out there with out adding to the worries!

Like Babyem said , women have been having babies for years!

I got a think nhs one from the midwife and ive glanced over it but thats about it. Like the others have said nothing will prepare you for it xxx

I got one so that I could look at the development pictures. Conception, pregnancy and birth it's called. Yeah a book can't teach you but it's nice to read up on pregnancy - sometimes google just isn't enough :) xx

I don't think any books prepare you for what pregnancy / childbirth are actually like, but if you fancy something not too serious try The Best Friends Guide To Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine. She tells it like it is and it has had me literally crying with laughter!

I'm currently reading the Yummy Mummy Survival Guide. A really good read, very funny & reassuring. Sure you could find it cheap on Amazon xx

Though I am a doctor I still like reading a book about pregnancy, there are not so many things there that we don't know but it's mindless reading and I mostly use it to read to my oh and show him pictures. The book is named my pregnancy bible and I have the electronic version on my iPad. I admit it was a present, I am not sure if I would buy a book otherwise but it proved to be not so bad.

Plus I cant be arsed reading through books, I have enough to do!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back