Pregnancy after MC

DDS

Reaction score
HI there, i am new to the forum. I had a MC in March. Since then i have had a period. I have now missed my period, took a pregnancy test and am pregnant again. The test however said after MC you may still have the hormone present in your urine, so this may be a false positive.
I don't really know how to feel about this. I am scared to be happy.
I must only be very early in the pregnancy. I am feeling slighly nauseas, tender nipples, which i did not have in my first pregnancy, but i am also having some cramps. Just confused really.
Any advice?

i think once you have had a normal period after M/C the pg hormones are gone, but im not quite sure. im sure one of the other girls on here will know.
good luck

DDS said:
HI there, i am new to the forum. I had a MC in March. Since then i have had a period. I have now missed my period, took a pregnancy test and am pregnant again. The test however said after MC you may still have the hormone present in your urine, so this may be a false positive.
I don't really know how to feel about this. I am scared to be happy.
I must only be very early in the pregnancy. I am feeling slighly nauseas, tender nipples, which i did not have in my first pregnancy, but i am also having some cramps. Just confused really.
Any advice?

First of all, hello and welcome to the forum!

Im sorry to hear of your miscarriage in march :hug:
Your body sounds as though its all fully functioning if you have already had a period, did you have a D+C at all? as in experience they help the body clock get back to normal after a loss.
Sometimes the hormone can remain in the body for upto 8 weeks, but as you have had a period id say thats unlikely and would say the possibilty hat your actually pregnant is very strong, the only was is too keep testing in the morning and see how long it takes for a positive result to pop up. When the bank holiday is over go and speak to you doctor.

Am going to say congrats as i really do think you could be! Take one day at a time as pregnancy after loss can make you very paranoid and look for too many symptons.

Your symptons sound very positive!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I did not need a D&C according to the scans i had at EPU beacuase it was a full miscarriage. They did 2 internal scans and said there was no need as asked them about that. I will be positive as much as possible.
I will see the GP this week, and also be asked to be referred to EPU again for early scans. I am also not exactly sure how far i am due to the fact i stopped day counting after the initial MC. Thanks

The exact same thing happened to me. I had a miscarriage in December and then a very heavy bleed in January which I assumed was my normal period. As I had stopped counting days after the miscarriage I didnt realize that my next period hadn't started until 5 1/2 weeks after this.

I took a pregnancy test straight away and it came up positive so I went to see my GP. He assured me that this was nothing to do with the miscarriage and it was a new pregnancy. I was totally shocked that it could happen so soon.

All was well until 8 weeks when I started getting bad cramps. I went back to the GP and he then became concered that I could either have and ectoptic pregnancy or that I might not be pregnant at all and that I may have an infection from the miscarriage :shock:

He sent me straight up to the EPU and I had a scan within the hour. It showed the baby really clearly with a heartbeat :D and here I am now 18 weeks pregnant!

My advice to you would be to go back to your GP and voice your concerns. Try and get referred to the EPU for an early scan to put your mind at rest.
I've got everything crossed for you but it sounds very positive to me
:D

Let us know what happens.

i would say although it sounds promising go to your gp and get your bloods checked. i still tested positive even after my period arrived, good luck

Thanks ladies for all your words of encouragement.
I have a GP appt on friday. I think i will ask for both a blood test and EPU referral. Although i must say i have been feeling very nauseas this week, esp today, which i did not have the first time round. Fingers crossed!

DDS said:
Thanks ladies for all your words of encouragement.
I have a GP appt on friday. I think i will ask for both a blood test and EPU referral. Although i must say i have been feeling very nauseas this week, esp today, which i did not have the first time round. Fingers crossed!

How did you get on?? :hug: :hug:

Hi there, going for a scan at EPAU tomorrow! So hopefully will have good news.

goooooood luck!! :hug:

got everything crossed for you!!xxxxxx

Hi all. Went for the scan today. The confirmed i am 7weeks and 2 days pregnant. They could even see a heartbeat and baby is 9mm.
I feel mixed emotions, so happy, but still nervous.
I am already further this time around, so everything crossed that all will go successful. Thanks for everyone's wishes!

DDS said:
Hi all. Went for the scan today. The confirmed i am 7weeks and 2 days pregnant. They could even see a heartbeat and baby is 9mm.
I am already further this time around, so everything crossed that all will go successful. Thanks for everyone's wishes!

Hi there, just wanted to say good luck to you, I remember the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy (after a previous M/C) I was so scared, waiting for soemthing bad to happen but it never did and my pregnancy went like clockwork! The worry does wear off over time and I will keep my fingers crossed that this one is the same for you, just make sure you take it easy and look after yourself :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi,

It sounds really promising, all the best. I've been through a very similar thing myself - it's very very nerve-racking (especially the early weeks) but there's every chance this one will be fine, and in 30 weeks time you'll be in the same position as me - uncomfortable, being booted left, right and centre but only a few weeks away from meeting a very lively and adorable little baby.

DDS said:

That is amazing news! congratulations! :D :hug:

Now get yourself a funky ticker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back