Period after miscarridge advice please

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm sure some of you know that I had a MC and D&C on the 12th March, I did not want to wait for my period as I seem to have a desperate need to be pregant and have a baby this year!!! (god knows why).

I had all the signs of ovulation quite strongly on the 23rd/24th March , so we got cracking on baby making front! Then a few days ago my boobs got really big and something was up with them, then after 2 days they are not doing anything!!
I am having no symptoms and I have not yet had implantation spotting, which I def did last time a week after ovulation, now I think I am 9 days past ovulation and really certain I am not preganant, so I am gutted...

My question is , how do I know I was even ovulating at all this month and not just feeling signs of my body getting back to normal after the MC?

Can you all tell me, how many days after your MC or D&C's you had the first day of your period after the MC ?

Thanks all, having a down , down day today!! If I have to wait another 4/6 weeks for my period , I would be looking at feb 2011 onwards for another baby..

Any advice on this would be great, my OH is useless to talk to about these things.

Hey hon, I mc on 28 Jan and got my period on 24 Feb. When I had my follow up scan 10 days post mc they told me that they could tell I was mid-cylce by thickness of my womb lining.

I knew I was ovulating at about that point cos of EWCM - I don't temp chart of use ovulation sticks but pretty sure I knew I was about to ovulate then.

I really hope ur body gets back to normal or you get a BFP soon - I know how awful it is wanting a baby after losing one. Lots of love K xxx

Thanks lots Karen, well now I think about it, CM was far more notticabe than normal, perhaps as first one after MC i wonder if If we missed the window, the unfortunately last time we bed was Sat 27th as OH was finding trying a bit of a pressure, so I left him alone after that date! The CM didn't fiish till a few days after the weekend tho. Does ovulation happen a day after you get opains in your side or after that?

Oh it's all so confusing... see these are the problems from not waiting till your period girls!!

I never get pains when I OV to be honest, I just figure it must be a day or two after EWCM but I'm not 100% sure?

I'd say if D&C was on the 12th, you wouldn't get AF much earlier than the 9th/10th April if you have a 28 day cycle so guess OV would have been about the 24th if the D&C kicked your cycle off but could be any time now if its lagging by a few days to a week or more??
K xx

Last edited:
my cycle returned to 28 days, being day 1 as day of D&C, as for the rest I have no idea, I know of those that did catch within the first cycle following MC, but many of the symptoms could be ur body settling I s'pose...
:flower:

Thanks girls for your help, Karen you get the same dates as my guess, was looking for the AF on 10th april. My boobs have deflated now! no symptoms other than headaches, but Iv'e been sleeping more and that can cause headaches. I think like you said OV might have been lagging behind, I really think I've missed the window now.

Never mind, I need to relax up on all this baby making thing, it's taking over my life!

I know just what you mean - it's especially tough when you think you're there like we did and then losing the baby...i do think relaxing is the way to go. Worked for me in terms of trying xxx

hi my cycle also returned to 28 days, being day 1 as day of D&C. I am usually like clock work! had d&c 5march .

good luck

I am so happy you asked this question as i have no idea myself! I had D&C on 18th March and have had no syptoms of anything apart from pain in one side yesterday? Is this ovulation? If so i am guessing i'll have period in 2 weeks?? I actually cant wait to get my period (never thought i'd say thet) as it will mean my body is back to normal.

Yay Kristhar could be ovulation, signs look promising then, are you waiting till after first period at least?

Yeah, i'm pretty irregular since i had an ectopic in 2004 and had my left tube removed. So thought it'd be best to wait until at least one period. It's strange coz i had the tablets to make me pass the baby on 7th March and then had the emergency d&c after getting infection on 18th March and still have not had a period since then! I'm not pregnant as we have been using contraception. I was planning on waiting until i've had blood results on 26th May before TTC again but i'm starting to feel otheriwse now lol. I think once i finally get my period then i'll perhaps talk hubby round to trying lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back