Pre-eclampsia early pregnancy

Danyal

Reaction score
Hi their I just felt the need to write and share my experience and to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me I had my son back in 2006 he was at born 30 weeks. I rushed to hospital after not being able to breathe and found out I had severe pre-eclampsia my BP was 200/100 they took me in straight away I was in hospital for a few days and they started giving me injections to make the Baby grow so if my blood pressure didn’t go down they can introduce me in the next two weeks I only managed to have one injection next morning I wake up with a tummy ache rush to the toilet I started severely bleeding. Within minutes my son heart stopped and I had to have an emergency C section. When my son was born they had no space at the hospital for him. So he had to be taken to Mayday hospital in croydon. I was left at Lewisham hospital and was in intensive care for two weeks and lost a lot of blood had blood clot. My son stayed in Mayday hospital for six weeks and got transferred to hospital once there was space for him. But during the transfer got very ill he couldn’t take the journey so his condition went back like when he was first born. He stayed in hospital for 4 1/2 months it was horrendous it was very dramatic very emotional for us the things we went through. we was very lucky to be at the hospital at the time if we was at home their was no way me or my son would of made it.
Now after eight years we felt that my son needed a brother or sister and it will be selfish not to have another baby we were trying for so long just as we said right that’s it I fell pregnant first we were happy then our mines started playing up on us and feeling upset and thinking what if it happens again and we don’t make it this time I feel now that I have more responsibility with my son and thinking what if he stays without a mother! I had to stay strong and we went ahead with it I’m now 24 weeks pregnant. I feel like I’m getting more stress at the time getting more closer. I always carry my blood pressure machine with me all time checking whenever I feel unwell and any pain I’ve run to the GP or hospital. I feel More alert this time. Got an appointment with the consultant tomorrow and hopefully they’ll be able to tell me how they can support me.
So basically I’m hoping for the best this time thanks for reading.

Sorry to hear about your traumatic time. I can understand just how frightening it all is. I had pre-eclampsia with my first, which started around 32 weeks (when she stopped growing) and delivered at 36+2 by emergency C-section (weighing 3lb 11oz). Luckily although I was quite ill, she was fine. Second time round I had lots of monitoring and hopefully it'll be the same for you (growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks, consultant appointment(s), weekly bp checks with my midwife every week from 30 weeks onwards). I also had a bp machine at home and checked my bp daily.

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. Make sure you air all your concerns. I hope they are reassuring. I managed to avoid pre-eclampsia in my second pregnancy, but developed post-partum hypertension. It only took a month or so for my bp to go back to normal. My son was absolutely fine and normal weight.

Let us know how it goes xx

Thank you for your reply Ella and sharing your story it must have been hard times for u aswell but all turn out to be good at the end hopefully mine will aswell. I have my questions lined up for tomorrow hopefully I won't forget anything.
I'll keep u posted
Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back