Pre AF spotting tmi!

Peony1

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m on cycle day 24 today, due on around about Tuesday. Been ttc my first for 2 years. This is tmi, so stop reading now if you’re squeamish... but my spotting today started after I’d gone for a number 2! The spotting was definitely from the front though and it isn’t the first time it has happened. It’s happened quite a few different months actually. It’s more like a red/dark pink streak and seems to be brought on by going for number 2! Haven’t had any since, which again, is what usually happens.

Has anyone had any experience of this? I really want a doctor to explain and investigate further but they always ignore me when I mention spotting. Think I’m gonna have to go private!

Sounds like you're probably straining too much if it's causing spotting. Maybe?

Last edited:
No it’s definitely not that, it’s not coming from that way to put it politely lol it’s just that its often that which seems to kick start the spotting!

Last edited:
If there is blood in the vaginal it may be that pushing in general pushes it out since everything is getting tensed. It doesn't explain where the blood is coming from, cervix, spotting, ib etc but I find any tensing does this with AF so I imagine it will happen with spotting too. Sort of like when you cough or sneeze with AF too... Eugh!

I think any spotting pre AF is normal if it leads to AF. It is probably coincidence that you notice the spotting when going to the toilet for this.

Thanks for the reassurance, I always freak myself out about these things when they happen every month :roll: we’re really considering going to see a doctor privately with all of our concerns. I’m just not buying unexplained!

Yeah, what I meant was what Abi said. :) I don't think it's anything to worry about!

Oh, sorry winterwolf, read it again and I can see that’s what you meant now. Blame the stressed out ‘I’m spotting aagggh’ brain lol :lol:

Exact same thing has happened this month. What I’m really concerned about is the fact that my spotting is often bright red blood. When I’ve looked online it says spotting is usually light pink or brown, which I do get as well. I think I’m due a smear soon and I’m really worrying myself silly that something bad is wrong with me. :-(

Normal spotting can definitely be bright red. I’ve had it plenty of times.

You’re probably ok since it’s only happening just before your period is due to start. Things like cervical cancer /usually/ cause mid-cycle bleeding. It is possible you have a polyp or fibroid or something like that - worth checking out but I’d say it’s unlikely to be something serious x

Last edited:
Thank you, I’ve calmed down a bit about it all now but I’m still convinced something is wrong, even if it’s not bad bad! I really do believe the spotting is a reason why I’m not getting pregnant, but they just don’t know why it’s happening. I’ve recently had another scan and they didn’t find anything. Waiting on blood test results atm though. I thought because I don’t have expectations anymore that I wouldn’t feel so upset...unfortunately I was wrong! :-( it just never gets easier, particularly at this time of the year.

The spotting is a nightmare I had it for years and years. Was so sure I’d never have a baby and Iv a 6 weeks old son now. So it is def possible to conceive with it x

I used to always spot from about 5-7 days before AF then AF would come on rather gradually. Spotting just ‘thickened up’. Got pregnant naturally after 8 cycles trying which felt like forever but in the grand scheme of statistics it really wasn’t ever so long,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back