pounding heartbeat...

Star*

Reaction score
Hey, this is a little hard to explain but ive noticed that when I am lying down to go to sleep I can feel/hear my own heartbeat VERY clearly! Its feels kind of like I can feel it beating through my chest and throat.

Anyone have any ideas? Is this normal as my heart is being moved and sqaushed?

I have no idea I'm afraid x I had a racing heart the other day but that was because we were late for school and power walking to get there! x hope someone can offer some better advice x

Ah, I just posted a thread similar in the last few weeks. I can hear my heartbeat all the time in my left ear! I've come to the conclusion it's pulsatile tinnitus but my midwife didn't seem to know about it. It's all to do with the increased blood volume and heart working harder during pregnancy. Make sure your BP is fine though with your GP or Midwife, mine has been great at all checks but this is now bugging me silly. Mine is worse on exertion and at night time, and yeah it's in my neck too (probably where the main jugular vein and carotid arteries are in the neck!).

Hello

I've had this in both pregnancies, it's just the extra blood pumping around your body.

xx

Thanks Girls! Nice to know im not the only one. Im sure everything is fine, ill mention it to my midwife during my next appointment!

:) x

i had this really bad in my 1st tri, like a heard of elephants in there thumping away. x

I sorta get this - I sometime look down and can see my whole tummy moving with my heartbeat...strange!

Asuming it's because my placenta is on the outer wall so i'm seeing THAT beating too? I dunno! lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back