possible missed miscarrage

Nurse 26

Reaction score
went for a scan today, though i was around 9 weeks, Dr who did ultrasound was very vague and didnt really explain things at all, he just said couldnt find the heartbeat so done internal and couldnt see it either, he said baby measuring 6? 7? or 8 weeks? he didnt seem to know? have to go back next friday for another scan to see if there is further growth? anyone offer any advice? have any experience of this?

they cudnt see my baby at all on my internal scan hun, see what they say when u go back maybe your dates are wrong :)

Hi, i had a MMC , went for my 12 weeks scan and the baby died at 7.5. Fingers crossed ur dates were wrong. IF you need to chat feel free to PM me at any time. Keep us posted xx

Thanks for the replies guys! just so down and its going to be a long wait till next friday :( its the worst feeling in the world :(

Hope it is good news for you hun when you go for your next scan, hopefully baby hiding where it shouldn't be and moves for you next week xx

So sorry sweet. Will keep everything crossed for you for next week. Thinking of you.xx

:hugs: thinking of you, goodluck for your next scan x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck honey, hope its good news for you :hugs:

Try to remember that you had irregular cycles taht could vary by a couple of week so it is quite possible that you are a couple of weeks less along than you thought xx

Thanks guys! it is very possible because of my very irregular periods that i may be less weeks than i thought! but i think they would still have seen heartbeat.
There is a small chance but would rather prepare myself for the worst. The doctor who done the scan had very little communication and interpersonal skills, and believe me i am a nurse and see these types of doctors all the time (also see very good ones) just wish we could have had a bit more support from the medical team.

Thanks for all the support ladies. its good to hear from others in with the same experiences. i will keep you all updated, going to spend the rest of the week under my duvet, luckily by husband is a gem and looking after me well.

x x

Hi hunni,
I hope it's just a mix up in dates and things are clearer on Friday. Can you ask to see another doc?
*hugs* x x x x

No unfortunatly not! theres not many options were i am, very small hospital! its just a waiting game :(

I know how your feeling....really hoping that things turn out good for you. I had a mmc 5 yrs ago, had scan at 11 wks told me baby had died at 7-8 wks, there was no doubt....the fact that they are asking you to go back is a good sign I think...fingers crossed xxxx

Thinking of you hun - the best of luck for your scan xxxx

Ahh Hun, I really do hope it's not a Missed MC, I had one at 11 plus 5 , and baby was dated at 9 weeks ish.
will be thinking of you next friday when you go back, X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back