'Missed' Miscarrage

BabyWestwood

Reaction score
Thought I would share my experience :(

So I have a gorgeous 9 month old son who is such a blessing, I know that even more now!

A week ago I was 8 weeks pregnant wiv our 'planned' 2nd baby. I knew absolutely nothing about a 'Missed Miscarrage' had never even heard of one until I started visiting this forum again and it seemed so many people were having this!! I started worrying and the same night I had a few spots of blood in my underwear... I would have thought nothing of this bcoz I had this wiv my previous pregnancy and all was fine! But I thought I would go hospital and get checked out.

After waiting at hospital for 4 hrs but feeling completely healthy I was taken for an internal scan. They had this stick like thing that they put a condom on and lube and put it inside me. The Dr was taking ages having a search around and told me not 2 worry that his taking so long he just wants to be sure (I thought he meant sure everything was fine) He then turned to me with the words I will never 4get "Im sorry but its bad news" Our babies heart had stopped beating at 7 weeks, with that I burst into tears, went home and didnt stop crying.

The next day I had 2 go 2 hospital again for an ultrasound for them to confirm the death. I went with hope and couldnt stop praying that they had got it all wrong. Unfortunately they were right!

I was then given 3 options... natural removal, medical removal or surgical removal. I choose to give natural a weeks try 2 see if my body would reject the "products" itself but nothing so I opted for surgical. I have NEVER been put 2 sleep or had any operations at all, so I was terrified! I mainly choose this because I heard it was quick, I wouldnt have 2 stay overnight in hospital and my womb would have a complete clear out ready for my next pregnancy.

So today was the day of my operation. I spent all morning in tears of worry. It sounds stupid but I couldnt help thinking my luck has been so bad that it will get worse and I will die! (funny wen I think of it now)

I arrived at hospital and typically got sent to the wrong ward where I waited 2hrs b4 being told I was in the wrong place! I then eventually got taken to the correct bed 2 find they had misplaced my consent forms and notes!! I had a nurse try taking some blood but she didnt suceed the 1st time & refused to try again so I had 2 go wait at the phlobotamist area for bloods 2 b taken and then go back 2 my bed.

After 1hr of being in my bed I had 2 put a hospital gown on (wow they r sexy! NOT) I had a tablet inserted into my vagina, didnt hurt at all! I then gone wheeled down to theatre. Honestly I have never been so scared!! I kept crying saying havnt I been thru enough finding out my baby is dead now this!! The theatre room looked exactly like how u see on TV the big UFO shape lights above ur head! There was about 8 Drs in the room all just 4 this procedure which scared me even more. A needle was put in my hand for the drip... didnt hurt just felt like a blood test. They then gave me general anesthetic thru the same needle in my hand, so I didnt feel this happening as the needle was already in. They then placed a mask over my mouth and that was it!! Gone!

I woke up in a completely different room wiv 2 nurses by my side waiting 4 me 2 wake. I didnt even believe them wen they said it had be done! I felt no different wat so ever! No pain!! No cramps!! They took me back on the ward, I had a sandwich & a coffee then got sent home all within the hr!! (I went in theatre at 1pm home by 2.30pm) im having no pain still and only a little bleeding not even like my usual period!!

So 2 finish off .... I am the biggest wimp & worrier but this preocedure will definately b picked if I needed it again (hopefully not) I can assure u, easier said then done... dont b scared if u need it!! The procedure takes 5 minutes in the theatre & its so common they r WELL experienced!

Im here if any1 would like 2 chat xxxxxx

Last edited:
Im really sorry for your loss honey! Having a miscarriage really is the most horrendous experience. Take care of yourself and your oh and little one!

Just wanted to offer you lots of hugs! Thanks for sharing your story, that was really brave :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks girls! I feel MUCH better already knowing thats its over with now and I can try 2 move on xxxx

Oh Hun I'm so sorry to hear this. There is a few of us ladies loitering around in here, so feel free to join us. Not the best of circumstances but we help each other through. Sending some big hugs :hugs:

Although I never believed anyone when the said it gets easier, but it really does. My bean will never be forgotten but it doesn't hurt so much now, he is with my mum now at peace xx

So sorry for your loss and thank you for the up date and sharing your story with us, it mustn't be a nice thing to go through but you sound very strong xxxxxx

So again hun :hugs: sounds like it went as well as it could have, hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you. xxxxx

thank you for sharing your story, we often only hear the horror stories, some girls have had awful experiences, and whilst it is a heartbreaking and terrible thing to go through I'm glad the procedure itself wasn't too traumatic (even if the hospital admin sounds pretty chaotic and stressful!).
Big hugs to you for your loss :hug: .
I opted for medical managements of my mmc as unfortunately I knew many of the people who might come on to the ward (none of whom knew I was pregnant), I just couldn't cope with that, and I could manage it at home as the baby measured less than 9wk, even though I should have been 11. It wasn't a pleasant experience but with painkillers and my lovely OH with me it was bearable. I'm glad you have a little one already and hope that when you are ready your next little bean is a sticky one. if you need any support we are all here. xx

Hi babywestwood
I had my 12 week scan yesterday and was told there was no heartbeat, my baby died at 8 weeks, i also had the 3 options as you and i have chosen to have the surgical one, my operation is next friday and i'm scared about it. Thanks for the advice it's put my mind at rest now.

So sorry for your loss hunni xx

Thank you for sharing your story, I may have to have a D&C done as there is still tissue left behind (i had the medical removal over 3 wks ago & I'm still bleeding, had a scan on thurs which showed there is still tissue so they have given me the medical removal again to try to remove it but as yet it doens't appear to have done anything) * I have been worrying about what happens. Reading your story has put me at ease a little :) xx

thanks for posting this, my baby died at 10 weeks and i haveme operation friday. Makes me feel better xx sorry for your loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back