positive thoughts again for my baby please :(

Sorry to hear u are having to go through this. What is cmv cxx

Sorry to hear u are having to go through this. What is cmv cxx

Its a virsus, quite a common one that most people are exposed to in the course of their lives, - but it can pose a risk to an unborn baby if you catch it for the first time while pregnant. xxx

yep thats exactly right, 50-80% of people have the virus! and it wont cause any problems at any other time in your life apart from if you catch it in pregnancy!! so its just typical that thats when i caught it. it can have really really serious implications for my little man if it has passed on to him i really do hope and pray it hasnt. will now hpoefully be finding out tomoro whether it has or not but they compared all my growth scans and hes growing at a really good rate, something they wouldnt expect if the virus had passed on so its looking positive at the moment.

i feel guilty on my poor baby if it has passed :( xxxxx

Everything crossed for good news xx

My1stBaby - so sorry you are going through this & lots of well wishes to you & baby.
How did you contract this virus & how did they know you had it??
Thinking of you
Xxx

Im meant to get the results today! They said to ring them if i havent heard by like 2pm. The wait is horrendous.

The virus is literally spread like a normal virus, through a cough/sneeze etc. I was really unwell and just 'felt' something wasnt right so i went into my maternity ward and they took blood which showed my liver function was raised...it then took two weeks of A&E, tests after tests to diagnose CMV. They can only diagnose CMV if they actually specially test for it. I take hygeine so seriously aswell, always using anti-bacterial hand gel after touching things etc but its just bad luck that i got it.

Thing with CMV is its soo bad to ctach in pregnancy yet we dont know anything about it !! and its a lot more common than first thought apparently. But now ive caught it this once, i can never catch it again so future pregnancies wont be affected

xxx

my mum works in Neonatal ICU and had a baby go home yesterday that was perfectly fit... he was born 6 months ago at 24weeks gest!!!! the fact you have been offered a termination at 32 weeks is disgusting!!!!!

really hope results come back clear for your LO and congrats on team blue :) xxx

Keeping everything crossed for you hun xxx

thanks everyone, i have rung but theyre still not back could be waiting all day :(

I know it really really is shocking but its not even an option for me anyway and they know that now, there was no pressure or anything around it its just the way they said it with such ease, quite unbelievable really.

xxx

Fingers crossed for you hun. You're in my thoughts x

Keeping everything crossed for you! Xx

I hope everything is ok! I wonder what time of the day they will tell you! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member