positive thoughts again for my baby please :(

My1stBaby

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone saw a previous post of mine about me catchin CMV in pregnancy and they had to do an amniocentesis to see if it passed on to baby....

well the results came back saying it hadnt passed but i had a phone call this morning saying theyre not sure that the results were correct....

they found out i caught the virus at 22 weeks pregnant.... this means the amnio would not have shown up the correct results at 28 weeks as it takes 8 weeks to come out in testing.

i had to go straight to london hospital for a scan and another amnio and luckily the scan came back with no problems but they cant see everything they need to so just gotta wait for the amnio results before we know anymore.

they even said to me that if the virus has passed onto baby im legally entitled to a termintation :O :O :O i completely and utterly broke down it was the most horrendous thing ive ever heard or had to even contemplate i just cant believe this is happening.

i told them a termination wasnt an option but i still had the amnio cause at least then i can be prepared.

luckily they feel quite positive that the virus hasnt passed but we will have to wait and see.

on a more positive note i found out baby is a boy, with the biggest private parts the sonographer has ever seen ha :) as you can imagine my OH is very proud

xxx

:hugs: hunni thinking of you and fingers crossed alls ok with bubs xxx

:hugs: to you hun! Got my fingers crossed for you and your baby!!!

xx

I hope everything goes ok, my fingers arecrossed for you.

oh hope you get the all clear hun, everything crossed for you xxx

:hugs: Best wishes and fingers crossed sweetie xxxxx

Fingers crossed for you hunni!! We had an awful ordeal early on and had to have CVS tests but are now in the all clear. Hope all works out for you x

Oh Hun I. So sorry you have got to go through this again. I remember your thread very well and was so pleased at your results. I have everything crossed for you that the results come back all clear.

Congrats of being team blue and him not being shy in the changing rooms xxx

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh Hun I. So sorry you have got to go through this again. I remember your thread very well and was so pleased at your results. I have everything crossed for you that the results come back all clear.

Congrats of being team blue and him not being shy in the changing rooms xxx

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks alot sue, haha yep little man wont have anything to worry about there!

xxx

I am astounded that legally a termination is still offered at this point in your pregnancy ... OMG!!!!

I am really hoping that you and bubs are fine! Please update us all when you get the results!
xxx

:hugs: Hope you get clear results, which I'm sure positive thoughts will give you. Can't believe they suggested termination!!
On a more positive note, congrats on Team Blue :blue: xx

i know its really really shocking sorry if that upset anyone

xxx

How far on are you now ( sorry phone doesn't show ticker).

Fingers crossed everything is ok. I remember your threads before, but like I said then - I know a girl who was affected by cmv in utero and is one of the loveliest people you could meet. Xxx

i know its really really shocking sorry if that upset anyone

xxx

Oh god - don't apologise to us!

I am appalled because I don't know how they think a mother carrying a child at 32+ weeks gestation would be able to do that! It must have been utterly revolting for you! Bless you!

Stay strong and stay positive!!!
Massive hugs. Xxxxxx

it was the most unbelievable thing ive ever heard it makes me feel sick just thinking about it really shocking.

thanks everyone will hopefully be updating tomoro with good news xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back