Positive pregnancy tests 2 weeks post surgical management

Chase

Reaction score
Title says it all really.

Im 2 weeks 1 day post surgical management.

Pregnancy ended almost 6 weeks ago (it was a MMC)

Pregnancy tests are still positive (feint but positive all the same)

I've been trying to get through to EPU all morning but the line is engaged constantly so I'm not sure if there is a phone problem or something.

Ive already had post op complications (cyst and infection) and now I'm worried that the surgery was unsuccessful and I've literally had enough at this point.

What are the next steps likely to be? A scan, bloods? Or just wait and see?

Fed up of being stuck in limbo

It's absolutely not a new pregnancy

Were they able to find a source for the infection? Is it possible that you could have some retained tissue there?

Keep trying to get through on the phone. They’ll probably want to do some bloods at least to see what your hcg is doing.

Hugs x

Got through they said test in another week...

Thats that then

How helpful of them... could you try your gp?

I have had two miscarriages.

My first (natural) at 6 weeks and I was still testing positive 8 weeks later but very faint. It eventually turned to a negative result.

This one was a mmc and I had a d&c at 12 weeks which was 4 weeks ago. I haven’t tested yet but I’m very tempted ...I can tell I still have pregnancy hormones though. I was told th body breaks down pregnancy hormones at different rates so I wouldn’t worry.

Hey lovely. I am so sorry for your loss and going through this it is so so difficult. A very similar situation to me. After my second mc and a D&E I found I was still getting a very very faint positive for a long while. Think it took 2 months for it to fully leave my system and get a BFN. I waited 3 cycles (first cycle was very odd and probably doesn't count) to start conceiving and to feel relatively normal again. Currently in week 1 of 2WW since then xxx

Title says it all really.

Im 2 weeks 1 day post surgical management.

Pregnancy ended almost 6 weeks ago (it was a MMC)

Pregnancy tests are still positive (feint but positive all the same)

I've been trying to get through to EPU all morning but the line is engaged constantly so I'm not sure if there is a phone problem or something.

Ive already had post op complications (cyst and infection) and now I'm worried that the surgery was unsuccessful and I've literally had enough at this point.

What are the next steps likely to be? A scan, bloods? Or just wait and see?

Fed up of being stuck in limbo

It's absolutely not a new pregnancy

Hey hun. I’m so
Sorry for your loss. I’ve just miscarried had surgical management for it yesterday. I was told to test 3 weeks after. Possibly just need. Little extra time. I totally understand feeling like in limbo. Took nearly 2
Weeks of bleeding and scans 10 days apart to confirm i lost the pregnancy.
Wish you all the luck in the world for your next cycle xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back