tests still showing strong positive

pammie

Reaction score
Hi everybody

After finding out my baby had no heart beat at 8 weeks and having a controlled misscariage starting the next day by medical management. I am still getting a strong positive result.. To avoid confusion basically here is what happened. on the 6th of december baby found to have no heart beat, 7th first tablet took, 9th course of tablets took and nothing much happened told to do a pregnancy test in 2 weeks. Monday admitted back in to hospital for heavy bleedind. tuesday discharged.
Sunday 23rd took a pregnancy test and got a strong positive, told to return to hospital, they did a pregnany test and then a blood test told to ring up christmas eve for results I was also asked if i was still bleeding which i am doc asked if i had had intercourse (whilst bleeding this bad is he having a laugh), results showed a high level of hcg have to return next week for more blood tests and if the result is the same or high then i have to have a scan, I asked for reasons why this happens and the doc and nurses said it just does sometimes so am in complete limbo, when i phoned for results the and the nurse said to come back next week i told her i was due to start work in the ward next door and she said oh its ok we will just examine you while your on duty, so am going through something that is really emotional and am suppose to be examend while on shift and hold it together till the end of my shift?????

Has anybody experienced a high amount of hcg this long after miscarriage? since am getting no answers from the medical profession i thought i would see if you ladies had any ideas or experience

thanks for reading
Pam xx

hi hun my friend had a miscarage at 9 weeks and bleed really heavy and was still getting bfps 6 weeks later and it turned out she was pg with twins and had only lost one but i dont know if that could happen if you have had the tablets, dont want to get anyones hopes up

Hi hun, i was still getting BFP's until i had AF which was about 40 days after my miscarriage didnt have any medical intervention with mine though

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hiya, I have had positive tests for nearly 4 weeks. Then my AF came and it was BNF since :(

I'm not sure of the medical stuff but wanted to give you a :hug: as I have been having the same problems being stuck in Limbo Land and its a terrible place to be. x x x x x

Thanks for your replies everybody, and the hugs.
I supose am not really going to get any answers until the new year am still getting positive pregnancy test but the bleeding has lessened today to just spotting.
Its just hard to speak to my husband not because he doesnt want to know or want to listen but he looks so upset when its mentioned and he tries to put on a brave face for me and i dont think its fair to put him through that so when i have my mad raving thoughts of whats going on or my moments of dispare because i dont know whats going on i write on here

thanks ladies for listening
Pam x :hug:

so sorry hun this is still going on for you i hope things get better soon :hug: :hug:

im glad you feel you can rant on here and just talk bout how your feeling it really does help, but you know im here also anytime ok.

lots of love and hugs :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back