4 Positive tests - Not pregnant?!!

frances2009

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation as I am feeling very confused! 3 days before my period was due, I took three pregnancy tests and they were all positive (the digital one read 1-2 weeks). Today is 2 days before my period is due and I went to the doctor and their test was negative! Took another digital one a couple of hours later and it said positive and now 2-3 weeks.

Are the doctor's urine tests less sensitive than shop bought ones? Is it possible to not be pregnant even though I've had 4 positive tests??

Feel so confused! I guess this will teach me for testing early....

Welcome to the forum :)

I'd be inclined to go back to the Drs with your digi tests in hand. I didnt get a line on the little dips strips till a few days after AF was due but I'd had 1-2 and 2-3 on digis already at that point.

You're not cramping or bleeding are you? Sounds liek you're pregnant to me and the Drs strips arent picking it up. You could always suggest they do a blood test when you show them the digi :bfp: That would be conclusive :)

No - no cramps or bleeding. I might try going back to the doc the day my period is due (with my positives tests!) and see what happens then. Just so worried that I've got my hopes up and it is a false alarm....

I've read a bit about chemical pregnancies so that is worrying me.

If it were chemical I wouldnt have thought the digis woudl be moving up though and I would have expected cramping and spotting or bleeding not far behind the negative test. Just bear in mind the batteries run out on the digis after about 24hours. I'd go back with them ASAP and get the ball rolling personally. Push for a blood test. :)

hello when i did my clear blue with issabelle my doctor told me the doctors test gave me a weak positive because they detect the surge of hormones from date period is due he said the clear blue ones are more powerful - hope this helps i asked if i needed one done at the hosp as confromation and he said no as they are the same as the docs ones. Just becase clear blue are more sensitive they said the doctors ones dont need to be that sensitive because your only ment to register after your period is over due i would go back to the doctors if i was you i dont know if they use the same tests or not but its worth asking or wait till your af due date and go back then x

Ok well I might go in tomorrow then and see if they will give me a blood test if the strip test comes up negative again. Would be good to put my mind at rest....

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for your advice.

All the not knowing is the worst part!!

Do let us know how you get on wont you :hug:

It sounds very much to me that you're pg but the dr's test possibly requires more hcg :)

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

With my last pregnancy the doc's strip came back negative and he sat me down and told me I wasnt pregnant. I looked him in the eye and said 'I can assure you that I am pregnant!' It was 5pm and very early on, probably only a few days after I did an early test so hcg levels probably werent high enough for the test there. Wishing you luck :)

Well went back to the docs this morning (armed with my 5th positive home test) and this time their test came up positive. So I am officially pregnant! Am so happy :)

wow well done really pleased for you
thats somethingto know if the docs come at neg it doesnt mean your not
all the best for the 9 months ahead to you know how far gone you are?? xx

:petal: congrats!!!! :bump: hop you have a happy healthy 9 months x x x x x

Only just over 4 weeks so very early days...... I think I'm not actually going to believe it until I see the first scan!

Actually can I ask another question if that is ok? There is still one thing that is worrying me..... when I took my clear blue digital test yesterday (using 3rd wee of the morning!) it said 2-3 weeks but when I took another one this morning using first wee, it said 1-2 weeks. Is that usual? Could it be that my wee this morning was more diluted (I drank a pint of water in the evening before going to bed)? Or could it mean that my HCG levels are dipping? Has anyone experienced this?

You must only use FMU with the conception indicator tests or they throw out crazy numbers. If you want to take another, wait a week from this morning ie when you tested with FMU, and then repeat and you should get an accurate reading and hopefully a 2-3 wks :)

Ok thanks, I think I'll just accept that I am and not worry about it. Just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this.

Mine didnt do what I expected and someone told me they have to be used with FMU :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back