Positive opk 3 days before AF due??

kred84

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 3 days away from af, and to cure my poas addiction, i did an opk test this morning which has come bk with a faint, but noticable line.

i noticed in some of the threads that some have used it as a pg tst and its been a good indicator. do u think that this is the case or am i jus gettin hyped up lol??

xxx

It's possible but my opk's were very dark at that stage, have you got a hpt to try?x

i did a 10mui first thing and it was negative.

because i've had no af for 15 months i'm not 100% sure wen im due, poss 23rd or25th. so, it still maybe to early??

xx

All you can do really is retest tomorrow :)

During your cycle do you normally get no line unless you are ovualting?

I know, i did ovulate around 7th-11th june, and i had an ultrasound which showed i was ready to ovulate then.we bd'd 3 times in that week.
i was just reading another thread earlier which showed pos opks the day before af, and i have heard sometimes they can indicate pg?
i really don'y know wot to think lol!! xx

A really faint line is common throughout your cycle. I'd not read anything into it unless it's properly positive. Ov tests are causing a lot of heartache at the moment

LouiseB, i havent had any lines uptill now. i tested after i knew i was ovulating but nothing at all came up.i even did one on fri lol and that was neg too- no lines at at all.
like i say it was my curiosity of another post that got me thinking!
what i dont actually understan is how it could show up if ur pg anyways? i thought it just detectes lh hormone?

xx

Egg makes a good point :)

OPKs are only really reliable if you use them all the time and only get a line at ovulation... if just get a line at random points in your cycle, then it might just be one of those and not pregnancy related.

It is not uncommon to have an LH surge a short time before your period is due, so it could be that it's just picking up LH. Unless the test it actually positive (as dark or darker than control line) you shouldn't read much into it... If you test in the morning and in the afternoon and the line is lighter in the morning than the afternoon it's almost definitely LH, so not a pregnancy hormone. If it's the other way around though it could be the test is picking up HCG, since that is usually more concentrated in your urine in the morning...
Crossing my fingers you get a BFP, whether or not the OPK can indicate that or not!

LouiseB, i havent had any lines uptill now. i tested after i knew i was ovulating but nothing at all came up.i even did one on fri lol and that was neg too- no lines at at all.
like i say it was my curiosity of another post that got me thinking!
what i dont actually understan is how it could show up if ur pg anyways? i thought it just detectes lh hormone?

Well, that's a good sign then :)

How it works is that an LH molecule and a hCG molecule are very very similar and an OPK doesn't distinguish between them.

So, a pregnancy test will just look for hCG levels, but a OPK will test for LH + hCG levels so can indicate a pregnancy earlier ;)

Ah i seeeeee!

Well, sorry for being dumb, but the opk detects at 20mui, so how come a 10mui hpt isnt pickin it up?

Or do u reckon its jus still too early?

xxx

Lewa,

ihave done 3 opks today 1 morning, 1 in the afternoon and one later one, teatime ish.

the two early ones had lines and the teatime one didnt.

does that mean its poss hgc?

xxx

I did hun, bfn :(

I will re testagin with fmu tomorro. fx!

xxx

it's so easy to read the natural lines on OPKs as positives - I did it once and it was horrid realising that I'd seen what I wanted to see - I keep seeing it happen to others on here as well...I just want to protect you from that

Thanks hun.

It does make us all a bit loopy this ttc lark ;)

Lewa,

ihave done 3 opks today 1 morning, 1 in the afternoon and one later one, teatime ish.

the two early ones had lines and the teatime one didnt.

does that mean its poss hgc?

xxx

it could be a good indicator! But it does not mean that it's hcg, as it could still be LH. Comparing like that can help rule it out if it's the other way around, but it doesn't mean it's hcg if it's the other way around either, but let us hope it is! But again, unless it's actually positive, not just a line, but positive, it can't really indicate anything at all, and even then it might be a late ovulation (that happened to me! I had a positive OPK, and then about 10 days later lots of fertile cm again, and more positive OPK's. I was on holiday, and didn't bring any hpt's but really thought I was pregnant. It seems like my body simply didn't manage to ovulate after the first LH surge, so it did it all again a few days later... so my period was also about 10 days late.) So you never know unless you use an HPT. I would only use OPK once you have a positive HPT just for fun kind of :p Or if you've completely run out of HPT's and can't get any new ones easily... and still then it's just to give you something to pee on... since you can't know which hormone it is picking up for sure....

But it sounds promising that the line is darker in the morning!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

Thanks hunnie,

Makes alot of sense!

I never had any of this first time round, i just got pregnant lol!!

xxx

I have extremely irregular periods to the point they did all kinds of tests on me as my cycle can go up to 85 days. Nothing came back and I'm absolutely normal and apparently your not late for a period until ur 14-16 days after you ovulate if ur irregular. Anyway I did loads of opks to find when I ovulate, both months b4 ttc I ovulated 3 days b4 af but had faint lines consistantly a week b4. 3rd month bd'd when the opk told me too and got pregnant (9weeks ago) unfortunately I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy and had to have my tube removed. Me thinking it took us 2 years prior to that ttc it would possibly take us a while to get pregnant again. Well like I said it's been 9 weeks the doc told me to do a test as I should have come on by now. Faint line and really really dark opk. So either I'm pregnant or I'm retaining hcg

oh! i was under the impression that OPKs always have a test line it's just that they aren't positive unless they are as dark as the control line? is that wrong? as i too poas on an opk today to cure my addiction too and i had a test line come up, it wasn't even faint it as very noticeable but it wasn't as dark as the control line

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back