Position of the baby...

cherelle

Reaction score
Hi girls

Hope everyone's ok. My laptop has broken :-( hence ive not been able to get on here much lately.

Anyway i just wanted to ask if anyone had any idea what this could mean - i saw midwife today and she put down a note of concern on my notes about the babies position. She said he is head down but she should have been able to feel his bum at the front of my belly and she couldnt. She said if its the same in 2 weeks i will need to have a scan to check the position. Any idea what this means? I asked her but she just told me not to worry! xx

could mean that he is back to back and its harder to deliver a back to back baby so they will keep an eye on you

I was just going to say the same as Midnight. xx

Hey hun, you've been missed. Think midnight has answered your question :)

x

thanks girls, i thought thats what it might mean - if he doesnt turn does it mean im more likely to have a c section? x

Just found this info:

What's a posterior position?

A posterior position is where your baby has his head down, but the back of his head is against your spine. By the time labour starts, about one baby in 10 is in this back-to-back or posterior position.

Most back-to-back babies are born vaginally, but this position can make labour more difficult for you, particularly if your baby's chin is pushed up rather than tucked in. As a result:
  • you may have backache as your baby's skull is pushing against your spine
  • your waters may break in early labour
  • your labour may be long and slow
  • you may feel like pushing before your cervix is fully dilated (Coates 2009)
When your baby gets to the bottom of your pelvis, he'll need to turn through almost 180 degrees to get into the best position to be born.

This can take quite a while, or your baby may decide he's not going to turn at all! In this case, he will be born with his face looking up at you as he emerges. He might need forceps or ventouse to help him out.

xx

aww thanks riotfox, thats nice of you

Im worried now though! Eurgh - long and slow labour sounds bad! x

Lex's baby is back to back....and the long and slow labour bit definitely seems to be the case for her right now!! 3 weeks and counting I think, lol xx

I think Lex delivered Reshaun back to back didnt she? x

yeah you can still deliver it can just be hard going but most babies do turn :)

my midwife struggled to find his bum today too. she didnt say anything like that though. will see what she says next time.

try not to worry too much hun they move all the time so you might go back next time and all be fine. xxx

ah, lets hope he turns before my 36 week app then. He's such a naughty baby already! He's been kicking and bending my ribs these last few days its really painful! My little trouble maker! x

its fun having naughty babies especially boys that pee all over their daddies hee hee

lol! Yeah i want him to be a little cheeky monkey i think its cute :)

Hey Cherelle, nice to see you back. My babs is back to back AND breech but nobody seems to concerned cos they said there's lots of time for her to turn yet and that they only start to take serious notice of baby's position until at least 36-38 weeks. Maybe it helps to explain your backache though?

xx

my ds is cheeky he was running round the dining table today stopping right in front of me and shouting fat belly then running off he also has figured out im not as quick as i was so he stands there going nur nur ne nur nur you cant catch me i wish they stayed little forever

Hey lovely. Yeah I delivered Reshaun back to back and it was a perfect delivery. I was pushin for about 25 mins and he was out, no graze, no tear, nothing!

Jaiden however seems to have shifted positions in the last week. Still engaged but not quite back to back anymore. Seen 2 midwives this week and neither could quite work out how he was laying? Would love to know what his game is!!

You'll be fine Hun xxx

Thanks everyone. I think it just worried me because if she cant find it again at my 36 week appt she will send me for a scan. Although i would love to see baba again! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back