Baby position

english rose

Reaction score
Hi ladies

How are you getting on with your baby's position?

My baby doesn't seem to be able to decide where it wants to be. At my last appointment (2 weeks ago) the baby was in a good poisition but not yet engaged.

I've continuted to have sharp pains down below, so I think the baby is 'thinking about' engaging, but I'm convinced it's now back to back :(

Anyone know how late baby's can move from/into the back to back position.

I've got a mw appointment tomorrow so I may find out more then, but I'm hoping for a home birth, so I really want the baby to be in a good position so that I don't need a c-section or to go to the hospital for pain relief.

Anyway - what positions are your babies in and do they keep moving? What have your midwives said about this?

Thanks!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah, my LO doesn't seem to be able to make up his mind either! At 28 weeks he was tranverse (which was very uncomfortable for me!) then at the last MW appointment he was head down but not engaged. Not sure what position he's in at the moment, not that it matters, because in an hours time he'll probably be in a different place!

They say that position doesn't particularly matter until you're coming upto full term, and that some babies don't even go head down and engage until you're actually in labour! Scary thought isn't it, but your body is meant to know what to do, so as long as it all goes to plan, it should be ok :thumbup:

mine has been everywhere!!!!
Currently baby is head down and 3/5th engaged :)
but back is sideways, not against by belly button, but midwife is hopeful that as it engages more the back will move to the front......i'm dreading that it go the other way and I end up back to back!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back