baby's position and movements

moomoo192

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering about where everyone is feeling their movements.

For most of this pregnancy my baby has been laid transverse or breech.

Last app the doc thought she was head down, said it was either a bum or a head (well thats pretty obvious!) and thought head but i'm still not so sure.

I read a post on here that someone's baby had turned to head down and that they were getting kicked in the ribs big time, i've never had that with this one. All my kicks, flutters, any movement is on my sides, i feel like a lump move across my belly sometimes and think its a bum or back shifting from side to side, when i'm led in bed i can feel it kick so far round my side it feels like its kicking the mattress :shock:

Lately I also get a real urge to pee when it stars squirming and i've never had any probs with bladder kicks or anything, just feels like something is grinding over my bladder.

Just wondering if anybody else has movement in the same position as me and knows what position their baby is in?, i got another 2 weeks 2 wait to find out the position again.

It was me who said about him kicking me in the ribs!
My LO is an active little critter!! He was breech until today and I was constantly getting kicked in the bladder and really low down in my abdomen. When I lie on my side he kicks me in the side too.
He doesnt like people touching him - his daddy puts his head on my tummy and the baby kicks him in the head!! And when I went to see the midwife the other day and she listened to his heartbeat, he kept kicking the stethescope!!!!
So I am always really aware of where he is cos he never stops bloomin moving!!! :shock:

Hi hun, mine's having a quiet day and when I looked at my tum this morning it looks like my bellys gone south, and I'm wondering if this is why im not feeling kicks down below anymore if he's turned head down, or is it yet another growth spurt!?

When madam was breech she kicked me hard in the bladder & hip area and I felt punches at the sides towards the top of my bump. Shes now moved head down and Im getting kicks everywhere lol but still getting punches in the bladder and hip area so not sure to be honest what position shes in!

i get the same thing, kicks/punches in what feels like the top of my cervix and on the side, i swear it hates the mattress lol last time i was at muy midwife she said tht bubs was laying in a sort of hammock way. so its head is on the left and feet are on the right neither head up or down just right across chilling lol but the last week or so i've felt uncomfrotable around my ribs occasionally too so maybe bubs is in the process of turning heads down? i know its been feet first til then cos at both of my scans its feet were using my bladder as a poofe lol

at my last 3 appointments (hospital, docs and mw), they all said he was engaged fully and that he was in a perfect birthing postition. I feel bumbs around the tummy button- his bum, kicks around the top- near ribs but not right under them, some thumps to the sides and strange heavy thuds right down in my womans bits.
Some days he doesn't stop and others he is quite still- usually wakens up after chocolate or something really sugary!

My babys is still head up and most of my kicks are bladder and lower side's. Iv not had any of the rib kicks that i had with my last Pg.

Mine is still breech :x :cry: :cry:

The movements feel pretty violent though compared with my son, but that's probably because he was considerate enough to be in the correct position!

Ok i have felt it all! sometimes if i lie on my side the baby kicks against the matress (or punches??) but at the exact same time i will feel a jerk in my rib(facing the ceiling) as if she is lying sideways and stretching out lengthways

i have noticed that at night before i sleep she will kick a few times and then if i lie flat..i will feel her whooole body shift around into a position where i cant feel her kicking too much(almost like she knows mommy needs to sleep)

and at around 5 or 6 am i will wake up and feel poke her a few times and she will shift again all the way round and resume the daily norm of kicking me in the ribs.!!!!

always the right side...never the left side!! i dont think my baby has ever kickked me on the left side of my riibs! wierd huh!!

its amazing! every now and then i will fell something like an elbow or a knee skim the underneath of my skin like a sliding movement not a kick!

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!

:D

the only thing im still stuck with is ....how do you know what is a kick and what is a punch, to this day iv never been 100% sure of where exactly the head is etc

:s

My baby is head down and I get kicks all over the place. She's always been in the same position. I feel her legs/feet/bum at the top of my bump (normally on the left hand side) as she shuffles around and then I get her shoulders/hands/elbows in my right hand side hip...

Usually when she has a big shift she tends to bounce off my hip bone which is the oddest feeling in the world. :puke:

She also hates it when I get in bed at night and lie down...she can be as quiet as a mouse until the very moment I lie down and get comfy and then she's digging, punching, squirming and kicking until she gets herself into a happy position

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back