• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poo containment

indigo

Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice regarding how to contain poo in cloth nappies. I've got a small amount of different types of nappies - flat, pocket, all in one etc - but poo seems to escape from all of these, and wee too quite often. I'm wondering if it's me rather than the nappies at fault since I've only got a weeks worth of experience of changing any type of nappy! My OH and I are getting frustrated at the amount of clothes and nappies we're getting through on our little man, I'm sure there's something that can be done. I'm hoping to up my stash once we decide on our preferred cloth nappies...but at the moment we're resorting to disposable more often than not, and I'm not happy about that - but they work :(

I would be really grateful if someone could give me some pointers.

Thank you x

Hey :) I was doing a bit of research into different types of nappies and one thing that cropped up more than once was how much cloth nappies leak. So I've decided to go with disposables :) x

what types do you have? I have loads and the ones which contain the most are bumgenius flips - the wraps fit so nice around the legs. Motherease sandys are good too and tots bots stretchys with bg wraps over xx

I swear by double gussets, I think it is harder on newborns to get a proper fit as everthing is rather bulky. A friend used muslin squares and wraps only to go out in the first few weeks as the wraps were just too bulky... and changed really frequently, as they seem to pee lots when they are little too :flower:

Ive never had a poo leakage and I use itti bittis, bambooty and totsbots easyfit. (love my aios lol). It could be because when they are small theyre quite skinny so its hard to get a tight fit to keep everything in.

Flexi - I had waaaay more leaks with disposables. If shes put in a disposable at night now shes wet by the morning and Ive had so many poos going everywhere with them. I dont miss sposies lol.

Melio, you have to try issy bear pocket nappies. They're lush x I've just got some

I ordered one this evening off c&c :blush: Ive now got 11 nappies on their way to me from vaious sources...I need to calm down with the nappies. Theyre 30% off at the moment so I couldnt help myself!

Where does the time go?! Can't believe it's been so long since I asked the question! I've been totally wrapped up in my little fella, my currently very snotty poor little man :eek:(

We're now pretty established with the disposables and this MUST CHANGE. His poo often squidges out of those too if you don't change it as soon as he's done pooing (the amount of times I've gone in too early and he's pooed on the changing mat lol!). He often gets a wet back after a long sleep too, but I don't like to wake him to check if he needs changing! I am using my reusable spuggies wipes which I love! They are so much better than disposables, I even converted my OH to them!

I got this basic trial kit initially - http://www.totnesnappycompany.co.uk/shop/The_MONEY_SAVING_Trial_Pack.html and topped it up with some more bamboo squares, nature babies big softies and couldn't resist some rainbow pattern slinkie minkies! I've not got enough for full time cloth at the moment, as will buy more of whatever works best.

We have a real problem getting things dry in this house, so need to take that into consideration while line drying isn't possible. I was thinking about trying the flats again first, although any other suggestions are welcome! I would welcome advice on how often to change, and how many extra liners to use - I've got loads of fleece liners etc, just not sure how best to use them.

Thanks for your help so far!

Forgot to say, the little fella has put a pound on in the last week (!), 2lb in total, so maybe now he's a bit bigger may help with the fitting?

If drying time is a concern then bumgenius are brill x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back