Reusable Swim Nappies

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Not really sure if this is the right place. We've used disposable swim nappies until now, I'm just not sure they will contain all it needs to even though they are the correct weight range. I was looking at the Happy Nappies they use in the baby swim classes. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for peace of mind that there'll be no leaks. Also if anyone has used the happy nappies, what are the size ranges like? Ross is 6 months this weekend but not huge around his tummy or legs. I have nappy liners and am about to give reusables a go during the day.

I haven't actually taken Paige swimming yet but she has a totsbots swim nappy which looks good. Its uber thin, and like the description says, its not a big deal if they wee in the pool so its not designed to keep wee in, so it wont bloat out, it just creates a tight seal to keep the poop in. Ill shove it on her tomorrow just to see how it fits and let you know what its like. I havent heard of the happy nappies so can't comment on them. Bambino mio have a swim nappi that looks like it would be quite snug as well. Paige is quite a skinny thing and totsbots fit well normally which is why Im holding out hope for the swim nappy.

I've just signed up my little one to swimming sessions with water babies and my happy nappy will be delivered in the next few days. They have size ranges on their website (http://www.waterbabies.co.uk/product.php?f=Bare Essentials&p=3 then click on size guide to the right). Kaiyan is 11lbs at the mo and will prob be around 12/13lbs by the time the classes start so they will be sending me a medium. will let you know of fit once it arrives.

Thanks Girls!!
I think Ross is about 17 and a half pounds, but because my HV doesn't want to see him again I don't know for sure. I was confused about the happy nappy size ranges as is says 3-8 months, or 6-12 months. The water babies site looks clearer. Melio I'd be keen to hear how you get on! I suppose if I got something and it didn't work for us then I could always pop it on ebay.

I got a bambio mio from boots which seems a good one, his next size up seems ok, that was from mothercare...
...I know some pools are quite strict on which are used but ours doesn't seem that bothered :flower:

None of the ones I've been to so far seem too bothered either, but then we've never had a dirty nappy in the pool and since starting solids Ross goes a bit more often, and its not predictable! We're also heading to centerparcs and don't want to be banned :)

I would say that centreparks will have the strictest policy so if thry want you to use whatever go with that... maybe worth a ring x

I've just bought a happy nappy on ebay, you can put a reusable swim, disposable swim or no nappy under it! Will give it a whirl and see how he likes it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back