Pondering reusable nappies...

zebrastripes

Reaction score
Everytime I change willow's nappy,I get this overwhelming sense of eco guilt :oops: and I feel i really should be using them...I try to use eco-disposables when i can but there's like one person in the entire province who sells them so it's a bit trickey getting hold of some.

So,I wondered-what brands of nappys are best?How do you wash them? & more to the point,how much would some cost? I heard somewhere that initially you need a couple of hundred quids worth of nappies etc :shock: which i simply can't afford..so..advice anyone?

Find out what help the local council offers. I had heard about different schemes in different areas. I know a friend of mine found out about a nappy "library" in our area where you can borrow different real nappies, to try your LO before investing in them, so that you can work out which ones suit your LO.

yes they do cost a lot at first, though you only really start saving lots of money when you use them with 2nd, 3rd child and so on. I feel the same and keep thinking, thats a lot of nappies im putting in the bin. Sometimes you can get them on offer, i got mine from a family member who got them in a sale in boots a few years ago. on the other hand i brought nappies last year from a shop that was selling nappies a pound a pack, which was actually cheaper than washable. you can get trial packs from some brands which mite be worth a go. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back