Reusable Nappies info

daftscotslass said:
Sometimes the outer layer or some types of wrap have cotton edges on the stretchy leg bits. This can wick moisture from inside to out. I'm not a huge fan of all in ones though so can't really advise on them - sorry!

thanks for your reply, oh well, somebody else may be able to help me out?

I was wondering if someone could enlighten me to pros and cons or either wet or dry pailing please?

I want to use cloth nappies and have nappies, wraps, liners etc lined up but don't know what to do with them once they are dirty! :oops:

I was thinking dry pailing sounded much less messy and more convenient - do they get as clean as if you soak them in the nappy bucket?

Also if dry pailing, do you just stick the used nappies in the washing machine when you have a full load and wash with non bio? I've heard tea tree mentioned but can't work out where it would fit in in the process? :think: Also, I'm pretty sure my mum used a nappy cleanser (powder which she sprinkled into the water in the nappy bucket) but that's when my brother was in terry nappies years and years ago.

Do I need anything else other than my nappy bits, a bucket, washing machine and non bio?

Thank you!

Julie84 said:
I was wondering if someone could enlighten me to pros and cons or either wet or dry pailing please?

I want to use cloth nappies and have nappies, wraps, liners etc lined up but don't know what to do with them once they are dirty! :oops:

I was thinking dry pailing sounded much less messy and more convenient - do they get as clean as if you soak them in the nappy bucket?

Also if dry pailing, do you just stick the used nappies in the washing machine when you have a full load and wash with non bio? I've heard tea tree mentioned but can't work out where it would fit in in the process? :think: Also, I'm pretty sure my mum used a nappy cleanser (powder which she sprinkled into the water in the nappy bucket) but that's when my brother was in terry nappies years and years ago.

Do I need anything else other than my nappy bits, a bucket, washing machine and non bio?

Thank you!
http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/howtonappy.pdf

hi, try this link, it will tell you all need to know about re usable nappies, i am also new to using them so i am still learning, i dry pail mine at the moment but they start to smell after a bit! so i am going to wet pail now, there are special powders that you can put into the bucket, boots have them. You can then wash the nappies in the washer with non bio and no softner, i have read somewhere that if you put softner in it can make the nappies less absorbent.

Hope this helps you, i still havent worked out why my daughters nappies are leaking though??!!

Sarah xx

dry pailing is better for the nappies they last longer.. napsan deteriorates the nappies quicker and is harmful to wraps. and then theres no chemicals going on your nappies.. you place the wet nappy into the bucket wiht a few drops of tea tree or lavender oil for fragrance and anti-bac properties then was every 2-3 days.. i wash mine every day with normal clothes.. the nappies go into a cold rince (always rince any poo off with cold water to. warm water not only creates a stink.. but helps the poo absorb and cling to the fibers more) on their own.. then i add clothes so its atleast 3/4s full for a normal wash with half the non bio liquid..job done :D

Just ordered my first reusables...so excited (god i'm sad!)! I ordered one wonderoos (in pink) with hemp insert and one blueberry pocket nappy in pink camoflague and some booster pads. Going to try her in them over night and see how she does :D

Bee said:
Just about to go and order the size 2 set that we need as Finlay's nappies have turned into hipster nappies :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Well at least he's fashionable :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

KJL said:
Just ordered my first reusables...so excited (god i'm sad!)! I ordered one wonderoos (in pink) with hemp insert and one blueberry pocket nappy in pink camoflague and some booster pads. Going to try her in them over night and see how she does :D

Give the inserts a few washes first hun to improve the absorbancy :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back