Reusable nappies...where am a going wrong? Help pls

KJL

Reaction score
I have switched to using reusable nappies at night (I use disposable biodegradable nappies during day). I decided on the pocket nappy type and have one blueberry minky and a wonderoos. I use a hemp booster at night but every morning she seems to have leaked and is a little wet :roll: I washed them a few times first to increase the absorbancy, I don't use any nappy cream and do not use fabric softener so non of these are the issue. Is this a common problem with reusables or just the brands I have tried? :think: I want to have another bash at it before I switch back to disposables.

Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated :D

i use them the other way round, cloth in the day, disposables at night. Green bean is such a heavy wetter that he was soaked by morning and it made him really sore.
I doubt you're doing anything wrong, maybe try adding more boosters and making sure that no nappy pokes out from under the wrap :)

I would use them the other way round too. I use cloth at night sometimes and add in extra boosters. Fat bum but works.

I don't know if a pocket nappy is suitable for night time use. I have a bluebeery minky pocket nappy and use it during the day and its fab.

Maybe have a look into the shaped nappies and a wrap (wool or fleece for night) with 2 boosters.

tbh pocket nappies are't as great to use during the night imo. That said some people do use them at night so it may be worth stuffing them a bit more. Also I read somewhere (can't remember where) that hemp doesn't become fully absorbant until something like 12 washes :shock: unlike bamboo etc which is usally about 3 washes.

At night we use her Modern Baby Pop-in with the extra night time booster, which works really well (and gives her a huge ass :lol: )

Yes the 2 parters seem to work best at night with wool wrap longies. I use Bumgenius with no leaks ever.

Do you use anything on top of the hemp? I would suggest stuffing it more by using a microfibre insert on top of the hemp as it sucks in more liquid quicker. Deffo big bums at night, keep it well stuffed .

i've never tried those brands, we use bumgenius 0.3 pocked diapers and they're awesome. no leaks so far! and india is an exploading pooper, so disposibles are USELESS for us.

definatly use a 2 part system, and boost loads i use a flat nappy (terry square) folded as my booster lol..

Iv got a large weenotions packed to the max for my lil 10 week old lol, holds alright :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back