Please help... :( need reassurance/advice

Stressyhead

Reaction score
Ok so I've posted in the "am I pregnant" section (and I'm not yet) but now I've thought about it and spoken with another lady on this forum I wondered if anyone can help.

Heres the low-down; Went off microgynon 16th Jan 2012 after taking it for 10 years. Usual withdrawal bleed 20th-23rd Jan. No af since, apart from slight spotting 22nd+23rd march. Did sainsburys own preg test on Friday (13th,lol) which came up negative (last time hubby and I DTD was 1st April (another lol). I am slightly overweight, losing excess as we speak, 26 years old and had regular periods before I took the pill back when I was 14-16. I've had a bit of stress at work lately which I'm taking rescue remedy to try and sort me out. I've had really bad skin since the spotting, breakouts mainly on my chin and chest area (I usual have really good skin, if a little oily at times).

Can anyone please help me as to what to do next. I can't chart properly as I don't even know if I'm ovulating. What I'm after is natural ways to get my body back to normal (really don't want to see gp yet for fear he will laugh and/or tell me to wait).

Can I just add, I don't drink, smoke, do drugs and I do gentle exercise every day.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help :( I had no idea that conceiving could be such a long process :( xx

Last edited:
I was on the pill you were on as a teenager, I can only say it takes time for your body to return back to normal hun. I have PCOS and that screws up my periods as it is. From what your saying your not pregnant and not likely to be at the moment. (Its not Impossible). I only ever took it for max of three years so maybe thats why I got my periods back to normal quicker they do say the longer you are on them the longer it can take for your hormones to return back to normal.

All in all after I used the pill and came off it and had two long term partners (3 years), it took my third partner and me 6 months to conceive my first baby.

Hiya hun, I've only had a brief spell on the pill in the past and it made me into a raving looney so I'm no expert but didn't want to read and run. I'm no expert on temping either (although I'm doing it atm!) but wondered if it might help detect when you ov? You get a temp rise a few days after ov that stays up til AF time. Might be worth a go?? Hope AF shows soon! Xx

I was on microgynon for about 10 years and my periods took ages to return. I had 2-5 months between periods for two years and saw the doctor about it. As I wasn't actively ttc at the time they suggested a wait and see approach but said it's normal for it to take 6 months to a year for your periods to return properly, some people more, some less.

It took me 8 months after stopping microginon to get preggers and had been taking it for about 13 years x

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

Hello

I have PCOS and I can't chart properly either as I have not a clue if I am ovulating or not. I am doing it though as it may help in the long run. I temp and check my CM every day and do an OC OPK every 2-3 days. I was on the pill for a bout 6 years before I came off in october.

I am taking Agnus Castus which is a herbal remedy which is meant to help get your hormones and that back on track & I also take metformin prescribed from my DR.

I too am also overweight (obese scale I am).

Sorry not much help!!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back