post contracpetive pill AF advice please...

babyhopeful

Reaction score
looking for some advice please ladies....wondered how long did any of you wait for your first AF after coming off the pill? Did you visit your GP or just wait?

I was on microgynon for almost 8yrs, had usual bleed at the end of the last pack but have had nothing at all since - no AF and no postive opks. Has been 50 days altogether now and I don't want to look like a fool going to my GP if this is completely normal....:help:

I think it's quite common honey. I was about a year before coming
Off Microgynon and I went to see my gp who said it can take a while when you have been on it for so long. But there's no harm in you going to your gp to make sure! They may do a blood test to check your hormone levels.

Sorry a year after not before! And i was also on it for about 8 years.

i think its different for everyone, i was on celest for 7 years and got preg in my 3rd cycle, after that i was on depo for 3 years and microgynon for a further 2 years and had my first proper cycle roughly 2mnths after coming off of it and got BFP 3rd mnth again (altho i didnt get a super sticky bean unfortunately) hope that helps :) xx

thanks so much for the reply...I knew I should have come off it sooner!

Scares me that it may take months, we are so ready to be a mummy & daddy but waited because we had such an expensive year with weddings, hen/stag do's etc for friends - we thought we'd get all those things done and then start ttc but should have known it wouldn't be easy....

what makes it worse is that so many of our friends have babies now and I know each time I see them they are waiting for me to say that I am preggers even though I haven't even told them we are ttc!

I know am being v impatient and sorry for the moan xx

thanks deedee and congrats on the BFP!!

I'll keep on with the opk's - keeping everything crossed (except my legs haha!) that I'll get positive ones soon and a bfp not too far behind that if am v lucky xx

lol dont worry about the moan thats what this forums for hun :D it is hard, over the past few weeks i've seen ppl on facebook get preg when they werent even wanting another or so called friends lying that they are which makes my blood boil after everything me and my OH have been thru! we will get our BFP's soon i'm sure of it! good luck with TTC :) xx

just realised I am behind deedee - so so sorry!! you seem like a strong, upbeat and amazing woman and I wish you so very much luck in getting a super sticky bean soon - u seriously deserve it xx

haha thats ok hun n yep...back to TTC its all fun and games aint it haha! hope u get a super sticky bean soon too hun i think we all deserve it :) xx

looking for some advice please ladies....wondered how long did any of you wait for your first AF after coming off the pill? Did you visit your GP or just wait?

I was on microgynon for almost 8yrs, had usual bleed at the end of the last pack but have had nothing at all since - no AF and no postive opks. Has been 50 days altogether now and I don't want to look like a fool going to my GP if this is completely normal....:help:

Hi Hun
I got married beginning of july, and we decided we would wait till we got back from 2 week honeymoon for me to come off pill (I was on microgynon, then celest, then yasmin all totalling 10 years) and start TTC.....so i came off it end of july and like you i had my usual bleed.....but havent had anything either yet, but whereas i was originally a bit worried as im nearly 2 weeks late on AF now, the girls on here have reassured me loads that it can take a few months for body to settle in to a cycle...for the first time tho im actually wishing AF would come as once it has, I know il ovulate and get another chance.
keep us updated hun xxxxxx

Hi Hun, I was on microgynon for 14 years and came off it in jan. I too wish I had come off it sooner as I took until April to get my first af then I had another two 4-5 weeks apart. My last one was 16th July and unfortunately I'm still waiting for another. It's so frustrating as I thought after 3 in a row I was back to normal but apparently not :(
I have been really down about it this week but I suppose we have to think one day it will be our turn to get a bfp! Good luck Hun xx

Hi hun, have you had any spotting or anything? I came off cilest in July after being on various pills for 8 years and had sppotting when AF was supposed to happen but thats it...no pos OPK's either but only been testing every 2 days so not too sure. It's so rubbish isnt it when you just want to try straight away...why didnt we come off the pill earlier to let our bodies adjust?!
Its so great to have people to talk to on here though...has really helped me so far!
But it might be worth checking with the GP for a blood test to put your mind at rest any way?
FX for all of our BFP's soon xxxx

thanks for the replies ladies - so reassuring that am not the only one! Many of my friends have babies and either fell pregnant straight away or had regular cycles throughout ttc so they knew what their body was up to. My friends don't know am ttc (although I think they suspect as everytime they see me I can tell they're expecting 'news')

blondy13 - no spotting or anything at all. I think I'll wait maybe another 10 days then go to my GP to see if they can check anything.

Tanya4beauty - feel free to have a rant on here or pvt message me when you're feeling down, we can all cheer each other up when it gets a bit tough going :hugs:

FX and baby dust to all of us xx :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back