Placenta injection for or against?!?

im a Grand Multipara apparently pmsl i like this description of someone on their 5th or more pregnancy

I love that discription. I couldn't hold her right away as when she was born the cord was wrapped around her neck and she had high levels of carbon dioxide and sever bruising .. I got to rub her face and say hello then she had to go off to an incubator :( . Polo princess that is the attitude I want to face this pregnancy with , rather than p[planning to much .

I think I'm gonna have the injection. Will speak to my midwife about it on wednesday to find out more about it.

I didn't want the injection but when it came to it I agreed. It does mean you have to cut the cord immediately too which I also didn't want. They say it's best to leave the cord to pulse and give the baby all the blood that was in there and intended for them. With the injection to deliver the placenta, if the cord is still attached the medicine passes over to baby too which is bad. I was just keen to get all put back together again, and the pressure was immense while the placenta was still in there.

Mine came out very shortly after so I don't think there was time!

I want to wait for the cord to stop pulsating too, hence me opting for a natural placenta delivery first. The MW did say that if there was excessive bleeding they would recommend otherwise.

I was that knackered and high from the drugs I didn't even notice i'd been given the jab until I read my notes. I deffo don't remember it leaving my body either!! You're that wrapped up in the baby tiny field mice could have a carnival down there and you don't realise to be honest.

jab away I reckon I will be too high on love to notice what they do to me once he/she is here

i had it, i was having skin to skin n didnt feel it being pulled out of me, lol

xxx

Wheres this injection at? I never knew about it lol. Does it hurt to pass the placenta too?

Im all for it, if it gets it over with quicker so that i can concentrate on my little then that suits me :) xxx

Wheres this injection at? I never knew about it lol. Does it hurt to pass the placenta too?

I didn't even know it was happening. I think after you've birthed a person it's a minor really x

I never knew any different when I was having LO, I only had G+A during the labour, so had no pain relief down there and when Odhrán was placed on my chest she asked me, I gave her permission, and I didn't even know it was happening.. No pain, just a slight bit of pressure when it was being delivered. I have great respect for the ladies who do it naturally, but I wanted to get it over with, get my bath and go to my room with my son.. The only thing I felt was the day after my thigh kept twitching and this was to do with the actual injection, which was apparently normal and went within 24hrs xx

Last edited:
I had it with my daughter and never experienced any problems but with my son i never got offered it i only had an injection to slow bleeding down after the birth x

I had it, and you don't even feel the placenta coming out. Couldn't be doing with delivering that as well! X

I gave birth in the water and stayed in there until the cord had stopped pulsing, the cord was then cut i got out and onto the bed then pushed the placenta Out i wasn't offered the jab x

i had injection and midwife pulled it out. Not sure i really knew if it mattered or not. So i wasn't bothered :) x

I think it is always better to let nature do it herself. Most women give birth to the placenta within 45mins after the baby is born and why taking medication (drugs) for something you don't need (unless there is a medical reason like a part of the placenta being stuck or not giving birth to it after an hour or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back