Bleeding - placenta injection or not?

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by *Star*, Oct 20, 2008.

1. *Star*

*Star* Well-Known Member

Does how long you bleed for depend on if you had the injection for the placenta or not? I had the injection with the boys and bled for about 2 weeks.

with amelia i didnt have it and im still bleeding now. its not all the time, but i still need to wear a pad. still pink/red.

is it normal?

2. maybebaby

maybebaby Well-Known Member

I had the injection and ended up bleeding for about 5 weeks after the birth I think.

3. Strangeness

Strangeness Well-Known Member

Ihad the injection and bled for about 3 weeks I think. Don't really know if it makes a difference or not.

4. aramintalovegrove

aramintalovegrove Well-Known Member

I had the injection and a manual evacuation and am still bleeding 13 days on

5. ASD123456

ASD123456 Well-Known Member

I had the injection a bled for about 5 weeks, it used to come and go but was never very heavy.

6. MummyJess

MummyJess Well-Known Member

I've had the injection with all 3 of mine but bled different amounts, less than 2 weeks with my oldest, about 3 weeks with my middle and over 4 weeks on and off with my youngest. The after pains were also much worse each time so don't know if it's related. Not sure about the relation with the injection tho. Have you asked a midwife/doctor?

7. *Star*

*Star* Well-Known Member

yeah the afterpains have got worse with each of mine. i have the hv coming on thurs so ill speak to her about it then

8. LisaJ1986

LisaJ1986 Well-Known Member

I had the injection and bled for 6 weeks. It died down after about 3 weeks then started again.
    If you are doing too much it can last longer. If you rest then it should die down.

9. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 Well-Known Member

i didnt have the injection with either of mine and i bled for quite a while, prob about 6 weeks (heavy). how are you finding it having 3 kiddies? xx :hug:

10. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

i had the injection and was rele heavy bleeding only 2 weeks. then it was very light & pink for another 3 or 4 but only needed pantliner

11. jennifer1981

jennifer1981 Well-Known Member

i had the injection and was still bleeding really heavy after 2 weeks. I thought this was normal :shock: but when i passed a large blood clot i realised that wasnt normal! I ended up being admitted back into hospital as there was pieces of membrane and placenta left and i had to have a D&C.

If you are worried about your bleeding see you GP :hug: