Bleeding - placenta injection or not?

*Star*

Reaction score
Does how long you bleed for depend on if you had the injection for the placenta or not? I had the injection with the boys and bled for about 2 weeks.

with amelia i didnt have it and im still bleeding now. its not all the time, but i still need to wear a pad. still pink/red.

is it normal?

I had the injection and ended up bleeding for about 5 weeks after the birth I think.

Ihad the injection and bled for about 3 weeks I think. Don't really know if it makes a difference or not.

I had the injection a bled for about 5 weeks, it used to come and go but was never very heavy.

I've had the injection with all 3 of mine but bled different amounts, less than 2 weeks with my oldest, about 3 weeks with my middle and over 4 weeks on and off with my youngest. The after pains were also much worse each time so don't know if it's related. Not sure about the relation with the injection tho. Have you asked a midwife/doctor?

yeah the afterpains have got worse with each of mine. i have the hv coming on thurs so ill speak to her about it then

I had the injection and bled for 6 weeks. It died down after about 3 weeks then started again.
If you are doing too much it can last longer. If you rest then it should die down.

i didnt have the injection with either of mine and i bled for quite a while, prob about 6 weeks (heavy). how are you finding it having 3 kiddies? xx :hug:

i had the injection and was rele heavy bleeding only 2 weeks. then it was very light & pink for another 3 or 4 but only needed pantliner

i had the injection and was still bleeding really heavy after 2 weeks. I thought this was normal :shock: but when i passed a large blood clot i realised that wasnt normal! I ended up being admitted back into hospital as there was pieces of membrane and placenta left and i had to have a D&C.

If you are worried about your bleeding see you GP :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back