Placenta injection for or against?!?

Mrs.s

Reaction score
Ladies what are you all going to do???

I hadn't even thought about until my midwife asked me just now and went through her pro's & con's of it!

I am now torn?!?!?

I'm having it and had it wiv all my babies (I'm presuming u mean the 1 to help the placenta cone away after birth) xx

Yea that's it Emma! I was going to have it but then the midwife told me her opinion on it and how the injection can make you feel sick and there can be complications etc etc!! So now I don't know what to do ?!?

I was advised to have it due to having a retained placenta with Lacey! I didn't even relise they did it while I was pushing and the placenta came out after a couple of minutes after birth.
After you've given birth, you don't wanna be pushing again too so that's another reason why I wanted it!

I had it and felt fine :) was nice not to have to push anymore too like LM said x

I wasnt even offered it with my last one . I was just told to give one quick push

Only person I know that didn't have it was my mum but my youngest brother is 13 so maybe they didn't do it then not sure??

All my friends with kids have had it and I haven't ever heard anything bad about it,until midwife said I would get more skin to skin if I don't have it?!?

I'm going to try and deliver it naturally. In my birth plan i have requested that immediately after baby is born he/she comes to me for skin to skin and for me to breastfeed to assist with the natural delivery. If there are complications, then i would probably re-consider.

i wanted to do it naturally but didnt have a choice n the doctor pulled it out :(

I can't see y havin it would effect ur skin to skin time-I was busy cuddling my baby whilst the placenta was delivered wiv and checked etc x

im having it because i just think its convenient haha and plan on feeding my baby whilst its being delivered :) ive written this in my birth plan and my midwife said good idea so i guess thats ok x

ive had it on all 4 and will again and i got lots of skin to skin even had a brew and toast whilst having skin to skin then my dh got a cuddle as i went for a bath :) if you do it naturally you have more chance of bleeding i think

I did what flexi said. I had the jab whilst having skin to skin.

Didn't help that the mw's made a real fuss over me pushing it out straight away and tugging away down there! Next time I will make it crystal clear I will push it out when I am ready, never mind when it is convenient for them!

come to think of it .. I had several injections after Aoibheann was born I guess one of them could have been it ?

you hardly notice it tbh lol

im definatly having it as you have more chance of bleeding the more you have

This time , I'll just do as MW advises . I didnt get skin on skin with Aoibheann for at least 20-30mins after she was born :( so if it helps speed it up I' all for it

This time , I'll just do as MW advises . I didnt get skin on skin with Aoibheann for at least 20-30mins after she was born :( so if it helps speed it up I' all for it

why a 20 30 min wait?

Tbh i didnt really give it any thought at all, i was just like "yeah ok, whatever", but then that was kind of my whole attitude towards the birth, go into it completely open minded and then you cant be dissapointed :)

Tbh i didnt really give it any thought at all, i was just like "yeah ok, whatever", but then that was kind of my whole attitude towards the birth, go into it completely open minded and then you cant be dissapointed :)

best attitude to have :)

also on my notes it says i could need a drip as im more at risk of pph i might have to tell them to get stuffed and see if my uterus goes down well after birth before they i.v me lol all because its my 5th ive never had a problem before grrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back