Pinkyprincess birth story

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
So baby's asleep, my OH is asleep after doing the night shift and I'm sitting here looking at my baby with no name. I had so many drugs points are slightly hazy at times! Warning this is VERY long!

We went into hospital on tuesday 3rd January at 9.00 am to be induced as at this point baby was 41 + 3. I was pretty worried about going in, at least with natural labour you don't have time to think about what could happen and worry! I hadn't had much sleep the night before because of this!

We got to hospital, was shown to our bed and wacked on the monitor! It was already picking up tightenings I couldn't feel which got us a little excited as we thought we must be getting somewhere naturally! They also realised my temperature was up slightly, my bp was up and they found protein in my urine! After none throughout my whole pregnancy!!! They weren't too worried and just wanted to keep an eye on me.

At about 12 they finally inserted the pessitry, and although he was late and I was tightening, I was 0cms!! A fingertIp! about 2-3pm I was getting a few pains and feeling a bit nippy. Come 6pm I had my tens on and had been given some codemol by the midwife!

Visiting finished at 8, but at 7.30 I started throwing up. Still don't know what it was If it was through the pain or possibly a bug but my poor OH had to leave me in a rite state!! Throughout the night I was sick about 8 times and I didn't get much sympathy at all from the midwives! I'd ring the call bell to tell them, they'd give some bowls and just leave me with the dirty ones lying around the bed! I was trying to drink water and every time I did it just came straight back up!

Come midnight I was in such pain they examined me, I was only a fingertip!! So they gave me some diamorphine to try and stop the pain and the sickness, didn't work!! They also gave me a heat pack which helped slightly (I imagine if your at home in the early stages hot water bottles can help!)

! I basically got no sleep. I updated the forum at 8am saying that I'd been waiting 2 hours for more pain relief and my waters had started leaking!! When I told the midwife I was told It was discharge and she just gave me a pad... It wasn't! My OH came In shortly after and found me in a Right state! Bowls of sick everywhere blood and me in pain on the bed! He made sure I got some pain relief. Spent the day throwing up feeling generally horrible and in pain and my poor OH could only watch. They tested my urine and found 3+ keytones in it! They pressured me to drink (although it was coming back up!) the words IV started floating around, not that I got one until about 9pm that night!! I also during all this stress had my nan ringing up the labour ward asking if I was getting a c section or not!!! I was fuming!! No one was just letting me get on with it as my MIL kept ringing and my mum did. My poor OH had to leave me at 9 and he was in tears because I was in such a state! I had an examination (2cms) After my examination I got up to go to the toilet I felt something dripping down my leg, I looked down and it was blood! I totatally freaked out and rung the bell.the midwife came and looked and said it was normal! And left me with blood on the bed and standing on a bloody mat.

The IV started helping me and by the time my OH came in I had a bit more colour a bit perkier but still in agony! They told us that at some point today (THURSDAY! I arrived on Tuesday) I would be going down to the labour ward so I could have an epidural! OH took me for a shower and I put some slap on and was feeling more human. I even kept some jelly and ice cream down!! We spent the day waiting until about 6pm when my dinner had just arrived and OH was thinking of going the midwife came to take us down to labour ward! Finally only 57 hours after arriving at the hospital!!

Labour ward gave me some toast and wacked an epidural into me which was amazing! They then put me on a labour inducing drip Oxytocin. I really don't think it helped matters! They realised that when the drip was going in my LOs heart rate was being effected so I was on and off it a bit. They then also realised that when my epi was topped up that was also effecting LOs heart. They got the registrar in and she was so worried, we had to have babys heart rate checked via his head which was horrific for me, especially as they did it twice over the night!!

Come 2am I was exhausted I was only 5cms and they were still worried about the baby! They decided to prep me for c section so I had the robe on etc when a doctor came in and said although babys heart rate kept going down to carry on!!!

The anethitist came back and advised a lower dosage of epidural! At this point I was in agony with all the contractions unless it was shortly after my epi top up. I was exhausted and wondering how I'll push the baby out when I get there! Eventually at 6am the registrar came back in I was still only 5cm and she said enough was enough I had to have a c section. This is where everything just went really fast!

The next thing I knew I was being wheeled in and lying in theatre have all sorts of drugs being pumped into me and crying as I was so scared of being cut open!

Little man was born at 7.19am weighing 8lbs only about 70 hours after I was admitted for my induction!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326038499.224717.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326038499.224717.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 56
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326038511.257548.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326038511.257548.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 52
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326038536.867201.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326038536.867201.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 58
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326038545.434356.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326038545.434356.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 58
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326038587.351659.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326038587.351659.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 54
Whoa. Congrats! But my word that was something wasn't it! He's gorgeous :love:

What an ordeal - r u gonna complain about being left for so long?

Little man is gorgeous tho hun :D can't wait to hear what u call him!

Congrats xx

Wow bless you! What an ordeal! I'd be making an official complaint about the way you was treated, if I was you. How awful!

But it was all worth while :D Congratulations, he's so gorgoeus!! :yay: x x

Sorry you had such a hard time.

LO is so cute!

Well done!

:yay:

Congratulations! But what a complete nightmare for you. I would definitely be making a complaint about how you were treated. xx

Congratulations sweetie xxx

Oh PP :hug: I feel like crying after reading that, how awful. Your poor OH too watching you go through all of that. I hope you're ok now. Your little man is just gorgeous. Congratulations chicky.xxx

That's horrible! What a lovely outcome though x

My God, what you must have gone through!!! We were all thinking about you and hoping for the best, glad you're OK, and the baby is PRECIOUS :love:

You must be so proud of yourself Pinky, what an ordeal to go through!!

Congrats he's gorgeous xxx

Baby is very gorgeous!! Although your birth story isn't - is there not a cause for complaint somewhere there? It seems appalling that through all that your partner wasn't allowed to stay with you, especially as you were so ill. The more stories I hear like this the more I question induction. Surely your little man didn't want to come out as he wasn't ready, whatever the hospital said!! Glad that you and he are ok and I hope this doesn't cause you anxiety about any future births!! xxx

Aw hun so sorry they left u like that iwould complain! He is gorgeous! X

What a storey! aww feel sorry for you but look at ur baby hes amazing well worth it xx

First things first, your little man is a cutie but so sorry you had to go through such a traumatic time.

Omg i have my induction booked for tomorrow and after reading your birth story I'm shitting myself. Still i bet now you have your little boy it all seems so insignificant xx

Kirstie don't worry I'm at total peace with it i have no resentment whatsoever!

One thing I didn't mention was the selection of AMAZING midwives I had that were my total rocks during the whole experience one even stayed late to hold my hand during my section!

Aww Hun. Congratilarions again. You schuld definetly make a complaint. I know of the hospital you were in and know Not mary people have Good things to say about it. But at least you got your Lo in the end and hes safely at home with you such a cu
wtie xxx

Thanks pinky... I'm sure it will be ok. Just scared of the unknown and how painful it will be. You are an inspiration though. Enjoy your little boy!

Wow, really similar to my story, especially the labour you went through, keynotes and heart rate and endurance marathon! But my midwives were wonderful and my partner was allowed to stay the whole time until after the birth, also I thought mine was long (I worked out 52 hrs) but yours was even longer plus ended in CSec which i just managed to avoid - I think you win the worst birth story - I'm so sorry for you, and really feel what you must have gone through. But we have the rest of our lives with the darling angels that caused it all, I just keep reminding myself that my poor baby went through all that trauma with me every step of the way and must be just as exhausted and shell shocked! Massive hugs to you and to baby pinky and your poor OH too! xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back