Period trouble

Beebop21

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking for advice, since trying to conceive in December, my periods have gone all to pot. I have had one this year so far and it was in February. It's been 50 days since that one. I have done a pregnancy test, but It has come up negative. Can anyone help or share similar experiences? I would be grateful xxx

Hey have you been on the pill before? I've had all sorts of weird cycles the past 8 months... 81 days, 76 days, 35 days and now this ones looking like it will be 42 days. Temping/charting might help you figure out if you're ovulating hun x

Thank U so much, I have it Into my head there is so ergo g seriously wrong with me. Yeah I have been on the pill before that's all. My periods have been up and until I started trying to conceive. I did a first response test yesterday and the pregnant line was white but very visible and the second line was pink. But both were visible... So frustrating xxx

Hey and welcome :)

I dont have really long cycles now but I did when I got my implant out it took about 6 months to settle but everyone is different..

HSent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

It's so hard. I don't even know if there is a chance I could still be pregnant, I have no idea when ovulation was/is, we have just been trying regardless. Nothing is ever straight forward. Xx

First of all if you actually want to test and know when your going to ovulate its a good idea to buy some opks (cheapies online) get used to them for a wee while and maybe you could take your bbt? Have a look at your CM thats sometimes a good clue of ov, it should be like thick egg whites. If you havent already you should keep a blog of your periods atleast that way you will be able to pinpoint ov and have a better shot at ttc. Goodluck xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapapapapapapatalk

Hi Beebop

I am in the same boat, i came off the pill October last yr, had a period at day 47, then day 34, now i am on day 85 and still waiting. I have all the symptoms on and off but no period not even a little, nadda. I cant really comfort you too much on it as i would be a hypocrite cos i am worried for myself also but however, i have been to the doctor and she has said this is completely normal. When on the pill the hormones in those pills shut off the pituatry (sp) gland to stop you ovulating, when you come off the pill this gland and your natural hormones have to figure out what they are supposed to do again, some women get their cycle back straight away but others can take anything from a few months to a year or even more. What i have learnt over the last month is that worrying wont get me anywhere, i am so used to being in control of things but this is one thing i cannot control and i have learnt to accept that now. I was using the opk's but after day 40 + i stopped cos i wasnt getting a positive and was getting obsessed with it, have now told myself that when i get a more regular cycle i will use them again and just have sex when i want to and if i feel any pains which i think could be ovulation i just call boyfriend into bed haha :) i know its hard but try not to worry, trust me i know but relaxing will help overall and if you are still worried have a chat with your doctor xxxx

So true Emmalina. I think it's quite irresponsible of doctors putting people on the pill without explaining all this as I had no idea about this before ttc. I've stopped opks and fertility monitor and anything to predict ovulation too for the same reasons but continue to do my temps so that I can monitor whether and when I am ovulating afterwards. X

Last edited:
hey hun
just wanted to share my experience with you in the hope it might make you feel like ur not alone

O came off the pill end of july last yr and started ttc straight away....my cycles have been 37; 36; 81; 24; 69; and im now cd 3 of 6th cycle (only 6 cycles in nearly 9 months off pill)
I went to see dr october and dec and she was crap and basically said it can take a while for body to get back to normal (tho i dont think she knew what she was talking about in respect of ttc as she has if i had pcos she woodnt be able to do anything or give me anything but i know there are medications like clomid available)....anyway i went and saw a diff dr beginning of march and he couldnt have been nicer...he has referred me for a scan and to a gaenacologist (currently waiting for the appts to come thro) and he sent my dh for a sperm test (which has come back normal)

if you are not happy then you could see your gp, but if you only came off your pill in dec they may want you to wait a bit longer....it also depends on ur age hun

hope it al sorts out soon for you xx

Ladies thank you all. I have been off the pill since early 2012 used no contraception for rest of year, only withdrawal. Now when I started trying to. Onceive my cycle has gone all to pot. It feels strange this has started a year after coming off bc
And at the same time we started trying to conceive. :(

Hey, I've had similar issues since coming off the pill. I've always had 28 day cycles in the past which have regulated themselves immediately in every other pill break I've had. Since I came off in December I had a normal cycle ( during which we weren't exactly trying as I was just letting my body have a period first and wasn't charting etc), then a 40 day cycle, then 39 days. I'm currently on CD 14 and have had ewcm today, so wondering if my cycle is going back to normal. My doctor said its normal at this stage so I'm not going to worry too much. I think while we are all vaguely aware the pill can affect ovulation temporarily, we think I won't happen to us. I certainly bloody did!

Hey. I came off the pill in september and have not had regular cycles. I had 60days before my first period then 36 days then 28 days then now 56 days. Mayeb ask your doctor for metformin. I take this to help my hormone balance get on track a bit quicker but I also take this because I have PCOS. Some ladies also take Agnus Castus which i've been taking for baout 3 weeks now and nothing but I suppose it takes a bit gettign used to.

Just keep opking and try tmeping and checking CM like russelmuscle (Claire) said.

Good luck TTC.

X

Ladies thank you all. I have been off the pill since early 2012 used no contraception for rest of year, only withdrawal. Now when I started trying to. Onceive my cycle has gone all to pot. It feels strange this has started a year after coming off bc
And at the same time we started trying to conceive. :(

So if you've been off the pill over a year and it's only just beginning to go wierd since starting ttc maybe you're just thinking about it a lot and the stress of it is delaying your ovulation?

Thank you all again ladies. Things are never easy for us. If I don't get my period before next week i will consult with my doctor. Thank u all again. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back