periods during pregnancy!?

Little Miss Joslyn

Reaction score
Hi,
Im Nichola and I have been trying to conceive since June which was 3 months after my miscarrige. I am very worried as my tummy is really bloated out and my boyfriend thinks I look pregnant but i have just finished my period!! A girl at work had proper periods and didnt even realise she was pregnant until she went for an ultra sound on her tummy as she felt unwell and then saw a little baby looking at her! I think it is just wishful thinking but I wondered if any of you have had periods during pregnancy and can give me some advice? My last period awas quite heavy but the beginning was brown muscusy discharge . I have had no period pains but mild backache. Do you think I should get a test done or am I wasting my time?

I'd do a test if I were you. As your friend demonstrates, it is possible to have bleeding while pregnant so you might be. Don't get your hopes up too much, but it's certainly within the realms of possibility!!

Thanks Skidoo. It is probably IBS or eating too much over christmas but will get a test and keep you posted. have you been trying long?

I replied to your post as it came up under 'View posts since last visit' and it's a question that gets asked a lot.

I concieved in May and am expecting in just a few weeks now!

Congratulations. I bet you cant wait to meet your baby. I wasnt sure if you were pregnant or not as there wasnt an indicator below your post! Good luck with the birth and being a mum.

I did a test and it came out negative so I must have just put on weight. Nevermind, Next month I may be lucky! Thanks for the vote of confidence Sarah. Did you do any tests and how did you find out you were pregnant if came out negative? My friends tests were negative but she was still pregnant. I think im just worrying myself over nothing! I think I may have an infection as been sore and itchy for last month during period.
Puff Puff x

i was getting big but was adament i was not PG but my mum got me 2 take a test n there it was very faint line next day i was up hospital having a scan

hi sarah, Andrew looks so cute in the avatar. Did you have normal periods when pregnant or were they very light?

:) Hi Nichola :)

I too had periods - or what I classed as periods- for the first two months,(Sept and Oct)and like Sarah didn't realise that I was pregnant until I was 18 weeks.
I had a lighter and shorter period than normal in the Sept,and in the Oct I had a really heavy bleed which only lasted around 3 days.I had the usual aches and pains with both.
I thought nothing of it as I have always had probs with my periods,never regular,very heavy and painful.I have been with my partner for 15 years,and never fell pregnant before,so we were delighted and shocked when we found out that I was!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Puff Puff,please try to relax and keep calm,hope to hear some good news soon!

Wow, Bagpuss! Is that why you suddenly seem so pregnant?!

Hope all is going well

xx

Hi Bagpuss,
That is great news as I have read some of your posts before and im so pleased for you both. I have been with my man for 12 years and we cant wait to move that one step up in our relationship and have our own baby. He doesnt want to get married which is something I want to do but im working on that one! My period was light last month and heavy this month. Did you have any symptoms straight away? x

Hello Puff Puff,Hope you are well :D

No, I didn't really have any symptoms at all,although I spent three whole days in September throwing up,it was that bad it seemed to be every 10 minutes.I couldn't keep fluids down,and took all the lining of my throat!This was during my period.
I knew it was bad because I never go to the Doctors(my notes are only three pages,not bad for a 34 year old!!),but I had to drag myself off to the Doctors,who said it was a really bad stomach upset,and just prescribed some stuff which I never took - the only medication I take is for allergy related asthma and I try and do without that,I prefer a natural approach.Looking back,Dave reminds me of the times when I couldn't walk aroud Asda with the smell and look of the meat - I'm a vegan,but things like that don't bother me - I have to feed my dogs and cats,but I could not stomach it at all.
So maybe I did have a few symptoms without the foggiest idea that I was pregnant :!:

the only sign that i had thinking back to it was that i got travel sick which usually i would be fine lol nearly threw up on a bus lol that is the only sign i had :)

Thanks for your replies girls. Im just a bit woried as when I was pregnant before I was spotting and wnet to A and E where they gave me an internal and said i had a cervical erosion and posible infection and to go back if the bleeding got worse! I went back and they gave me more internals and I still think this killed my baby as spoting is normal during pregnancy but I didnt realise this as I havent any other children. I went for a smear and it was fine so have been t t c since july now and still nothing but still worried about this infection thing so have booked the clinic next week but worried about this as i really hate internals as brings back bad memories and worried incase im pregnant and it affects the baby! what do you think? x

Hi puff puff,

Just reading your last comment, sorry to hear about m/c previously. I have also been trying since July with no luck so far.
I didn't think a dr would do a smear if you even thought you were pregnant, had one done last year and the first thing she asked was "is there any possibility you could be pregnant?"! Hope things start looking up and they can sort out any infection and you can hopefully fall pregnant soon, take care.

Bev x x

Hi Bev,
Thanks for your concern and I know it can be frustrating waiting every month for the BFP but it will happen when the time is right. I have just had my period so im not going to ttc until after the smear just in case! My tummy is bloated so if it gets any bigger or I get symptoms then I will do another pregnancy test. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back