Period pains and cervix stabbing pains

SunnyGirl

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

I've been getting stabbing pains in my cervix for a week or so now, which got worse/more frequent yesterday. I also had period type pains yesterday, through the night and a few this morning. Is this things starting to get ready?

The stabbing pains could well be baby nesting down into your pelvis & getting ready for birth & you may just be having BH's with it!

My stubborn one has been bouncing in & out of my pelvis & tap dancing with my pelvis from 27 weeks! But was all day yesterday I really thought if he moved 1 more inch he may just barge an arm through :lol:

as above.... but it could be start of labor! Can you give your mw a call? x

I get a lot of stabbing pains too now, like sharp pains shooting right up through me :oooo:

oooo chick......exciting..but sorry if it hurts :(

keep us posted xxx

I think it could be your baby head down. I've been getting period pains and stabbing pains in my cervix the past week or so and I'm told that Grace could still be in the cephalic position from my 25 week scan so that's what's causing this, no idea what position she's in now though! Could definitely be the start of things, exciting! xxx

I Soooo Dont miss these shooting/sharp pain in my cervix...

hi ive had a few of these in the last week too, nothing regular but im like wohooooooa please dont be the start of things just yet lol! xxx

I've had these exact same things for about 4/5 days now and horrible pain in my pelvis and loose bowels (sorry if TMI!!) I went to labour ward the other night and tey confirmed I'm not in labour but they said it could just be your body prepping for it? x

Aww thanks everyone :hugs:
Ditto loose bowels - tmi!!
I really feel odd these days - not my usual self...
I feel like baby is really getting ready to arrive. The house is mid-nest - aaagh!!!!
Xxxxx

Just had my 35 week check with my GP today and he said the stabbing pains are normal, that it's just the baby moving down, mine is head down but not engaged yet x

I started with these symptoms at 36 wks & the strong period pains have carried on but got heavier I'm 38 wks now makes u more alert doesn't it! Xx

I hoped I'd come on here and find someone else going thru this!
It only really started in the last day or so, but def period type pain and a few stabbing type pains but not many!......I have IBS so don't think I can rely on the diarrhoea/loose bowel thing as a sign of labour!
Anyway, glad it's not just me experiencing this!xx

I hoped I'd come on here and find someone else going thru this!
It only really started in the last day or so, but def period type pain and a few stabbing type pains but not many!......I have IBS so don't think I can rely on the diarrhoea/loose bowel thing as a sign of labour!
Anyway, glad it's not just me experiencing this!xx

I've been having these pains for a few weeks too and also suffer from ibs so ur not Aline there either Hun! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back