People thinking you're fat rather than pregnant..

I don't have much experience of Asian culture but the Asians I have known were mostly tiny. I live in Portugal. Older Portuguese people will often comment that you are fatter. It isn't an insult to them though. They come from a time when food was something most people worked hard to have enough of so being plump was actually a good thing as it was a sign you were doing well financially. So commenting that someone had put on weight was a compliment. Kind of like admiring someone's new car or how nice their house is.

Thankfully I've not had fat related comments (at almost 35 weeks I've barely gained 10lb since booking, so possibly lost overall!), but certainly comments that bump is big and 'are you sure it's only one?' - yes, have had six scans inc 4D... at which I half step back and make them look at how tall and broad shouldered I am anyway (5'8 and a solid size 16-18), baby is not going to be small lol

It's quite amusing actually, from back and from front in a plain black top people don't realise I'm even pregneant sometimes! From the side it's more than obvious lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back