Slimming World whilst pregnant...*Updated weigh in 1*

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
I started doing SW just before i found out i was preggers...i didnt go to classes, my mum has done it loads and has all the booklets etc so she came to mine once a week and we weighed each other. I didnt know what i weighed cos i didnt want to know (Im never as light as i want to be even when im a size ten im always about a stone heavier than other size 10 girls) so mum would weigh me and i wouldnt look (lol!) and just tell me what i had lost etc.

Well, I went for my bloods for downs etc at the hospital last week and had to get weighed and the nurse let slip what i weighed and i nearly keeled over in shock - i couldnt believe how heavy I am. :oops: :oops: :cry:

I went and asked my mum what i was just before i got pregnant and i have only gained 5lbs since the start of this pregnancy which is a positive thing, so I am gonna carry on doing SW in the hopes that i dont put on a shed load more weight with this pregnancy and end up like a hippo by the time i give birth..

My midwife has ok'd it and given me a letter and i start classes tonight. :D

But I was wondering if anyone else had done this during pregnancy and whether they had successfully managed to not gain too much and whether you have any tips for me.

Many thanks!

xxx

I haven't done SW but so far this pregnancy I've only gained 1stone 8lbs which I think is really good, last time I gained about 2.5/3 stone. All I can say is that I've found being pregnant with a LO already you're much more active and don't tend to rest as much as with the first and this means less snacking too!

Hopefully it will be the same for you!

I'm on slimming world. I don't go to meetings anymore but I follow the diet. Found out today that I am pregnant so it will be interesting to see how you get on Jen :D
I've got an appointment with the Dr tomorrow so I am going to ask about it then. Hopefully it will be fine and I can carry on.

Misslarue said:
Found out today that I am pregnant so it will be interesting to see how you get on Jen :D
congratulations!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

i am breast feeding and am going to start sw next week, i have done it before and i am sure there was a pg lady there so you should be fine!!

kaz x

Misslarue said:
Found out today that I am pregnant so it will be interesting to see how you get on Jen :D

i am breast feeding and am going to start sw next week, i have done it before and i am sure there was a pg lady there so you should be fine!!

kaz x

Misslarue said:

kaz x

Misslarue said:
I'm on slimming world. I don't go to meetings anymore but I follow the diet. Found out today that I am pregnant so it will be interesting to see how you get on Jen :D
I've got an appointment with the Dr tomorrow so I am going to ask about it then. Hopefully it will be fine and I can carry on.

Aw congrats lady!! Thats ace news!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

i went to my first meeting last night and it was fine. She said i can expect to maintain or lose about 1/2 pound a week so if i do that i will be happy. :)

Im really determined cos i dont want to wake up the day after having Pumpkin and feel like i did after i had James...I may do a diary in health or sommat to keep me spurred on.

the consultant was lovely and she gave me a booklet especially for preggers / bf ladies so that was good. And I won the raffle!! :cheer: :rotfl:

Thanks girls :hug: Its starting to sink in slowly!

Well done Jen! Esp on the raffle. Did you win anything nice? :cheer:
1/2lb a week sounds good, do they mean on top of your normal pregnancy gain? I think I will go to a meeting once I get my MW letter (my DR said it was fine :) ) If only to get the pregnant book!

I know what you mean about gaining weight. After I had Dan I felt like the size of a house, I put on so much weight with him, I really don't want to do the same this time around. Just a healthy pregnancy amount! :D

I won a book that lists all the syns and what they are worth. :)

Well I had my first weigh in tonight and i lost 1.5lbs!! :cheer:

Im pretty happy, although my scales this morning told me i had lost 5lbs..but i know i gain loooads in fluid retention during the day so im pretty happy with the 1.5 especially as she said 1/2lb a week and i havent been perfect this week - i had a big sunday roast with ice cream sundae with choc brownie pieces!!! (But I did have melon to start with!! :rotfl: )

So Im gonna keep it up. If I can lose 1/2 lb to a 1lb a week then i will have lost a stone or so by the time baby is here and then lose all the baby weight etc when i give birth so I will hopefully be at least 2 stone lighter than i am now!! :cheer:

Jen thats fabulous hun well done!

To get rid of water retention - drink 4 pints of water a day. Its great for you,the baby and will get rid of the retention, i noticed mine went within a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back