Pelvic ultrasound - updated pg2

Hey -

An external ultrasound needs a full bladder. I just drank a couple of pints about an hour before. It is incredible how much you need to peee. But the ultrasound nurse gave me feedback straight away.

If it is an internal exam they put a condom on the end of a probe and investigate internally. A bit uncomfortable, you just need to relax - great with your legs up in stirrups!! My registrar talked me through it everytime and I have had about 6 - 8 scans now (so many I have lost count!!) Nothing to worry about. I just feel now that I am not having to do it on my own any more. People are on your side. Good luck x

Glad to hear it went well that's really great :) xxxx

I can imagine that the waiting room in an infertility clinic is a very different atmosphere to a hospital waiting room, I know when I went for mine I was praying that I wouldnt be sat in a room full of pregnant ladies, thankfully I had a very early appt so was just me and one other lady.

You are braver then me, I couldnt even look at the screen when they done mine, I know it may sound silly but I had always imagined that my first ultrasound would be to see my baby, not to find out why I cant have a baby!!

Princess81 - I was the same as you, was praying that they would go "ohh look there's a baby in there" I guess when you are trying thats all you can wish for.

When is your appt to see the consultant ? do you know what happens next ?

The thought of what it would be like to see a baby up on screen did cross my mind, but i think it's kind of natural to look for the miracle in situations like that.

Might have something to do with watching that programme about women not knowing they were pregnant :oooo:

Well the clinic consultant is on the 15th Feb.

I also have a repeat of the internal scan on the 17th Feb on the Nhs :roll:

I'm trying to get the Nhs to pay for my ICSI treatment but they can't refer me from the GP. I have to go for an Nhs scan and ask them to refer me even though i already had the scan privately - waste off money if you ask me :eh:

After the 15th i should know when treatment can start privately and after the 17th if the Nhs will cough up.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed the goold old NHS will fund your treatment, I mean it seems only fair with the amount of money we have to fork out of our wage packets each month!!!

I would imagine that things should move quite quickly after the 15th, now all you have to do is get through these next 2 weeks without going completely crazy!!!

all you have to do is get through these next 2 weeks without going completely crazy!!!

I know :shock:

My recent distraction has become boring, so now i don't have anything to keep my mind a baby free zone either.

It's going to be a loooooong 2 week!

Good to hear things are moving along Louise. What was your other distraction that kept you away from PF ;-)?

Good to hear things are moving along Louise. What was your other distraction that kept you away from PF ;-)?

It's so lame. It was a computer game :oooo:

In my youth i have always loved computer games, they suck you in and you can quite happily fester there for an indefinate amount of time. It's the emotional equivalent to hiding in a cave.

I must be getting old though because i don't have the same attention span for them. The next game i want to play isn't out until March :shock:

It's so lame. It was a computer game :oooo:

Lol love this! I'm currently addicted to playing that bubble ball in bed. Now that is lame, esp as a game!!

Glad to hear all went well mrs.X

Glad all went well Louise!

The NHS can be so frustrating! I guess sometimes we gotta be thankful for them too.. Could be like America :(

I do hope they help you with the funds! Xx

I see, I'm not really into computer games (probably cos I'm rubbish at them!).
I do quite like angry birds on my iphone though (probably cos there's very little skill involved).

Have you seen Starfish/Sunny girls distraction thread in TTC with the books, You tube etc?
Could be a good way to pass the time?

I see, I'm not really into computer games (probably cos I'm rubbish at them!)

A lot of games now are more like immersive stories rather than a test of skill - more like films where you are a character in the film and you play out a role.

You can choose how to respond to other characters in the game.

There is one called DragonAge and it's amazing, i'm waiting for the second one to come out.

In the first one i fell in love with a ******* heir to the throne of a kingdom and we had to fight this evil moster. He became king and i became his wife and then it turned out the only way for both me and him to live was for him to sleep with this witch and give her a child.

That was over simplified, there was other relationships too - i could have fallen in love with someone else or even become a lesbian if i wanted.

I just realied how much of a nerd i sound, but these games are amazing.

I haven't seen StarFish/Sunnygirl's posts but i do watch a lot of pregnancy stuff on YouYube, i keep meaning to start a vlog but i'm not sure i want to go public about having IVF. And i do like crime drama books but i can't sit still for long :)

Glad to hear scan went well! Made me giggle when you said about hubby asking the time and you laughing like a maniac.....know EXACTLY what thats like, I do that too.... Hope you get through nhs, if not, get hubbys folks to foot the bill lol....whatever did you end up with for xmas?
Take care honey and good luck xx

whatever did you end up with for xmas?

Thanks Tracey :) I ended up with a fridge in the end - one of those big ones with a freezer and ice water thing, needs to be plumbed in.

It hasn't arrived yet though ;)

I had these scans and did need a full bladder, but the scanners didn't tell me if anything was wrong but I knew something was up as they were farting about forever and then had to do internal to get a better picture so I had my doubts before I was even told the results 2 weeks later x

Hope it all goes well for you x

Louise, that kind of game sounds pretty good I have to admit. I'm just not keen on the shooting people ones.
I'd have to agree with you about being reticent to do a V-log, I'm not sure I'd want the world knowing all my private info and stuff and even people who upload music vids get so much abuse from nutters, I'm not sure I could handle that.
The book starfish suggests though is really good and not very long, you should really give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back