xray & ultrasound can anyone help??

jazzy2

Reaction score
Hiya im a little bit confused:dohh:me and oh went for our initial hospital appointment a couple of weeks ago and they booked me in for an xray and ultrasound. They didnt explain anything about it so i just assumed it would be pretty straight forward but i've been reading up and have discovered that these may be internal scan/xrays?? is this right, sorry im being a bit think. i also read that you cant have these done if pregnant and that you shouldnt do the deed before you have these done. They never told me that so now i dunno what im going for. xxxx

They're fine honestly and it doesnt matter if you are pg with an internal ultrasound , infact they use them in early pregnancy, and it also doesnt matter if you DTD before, Being on clomid i have had 6 internal scans in the last couple of months and they're fine x x x

Aw thats fab thank you just wasnt sure what to expect as they didnt explain anything and then i started reading up and got worried.

Thankx for your help Kirsty xx

Hi jazzy I had the xray done on Friday and you definitely can't be pregnant for that so they advise you to have it done in first 10 days of your cycle or if you have long cycles like me I had to take a pregnancy test at the hospital first. But the ultrasounds are fine if you might be pregnant like Kirsty says. Good luck with everything xxx

thankx hun im suprised thay didnt tell me any of this,it was the nurse who booked it in and she didnt ask any questions about my cycle or anything :( thank you for your help though xx

ps, blondy, how was the xray? painful? is it the one where they inject dye into you? xx

Yeah thats the one I had. It was mostly ok, when they put the catheter in and injected the dye didn't really feel it, but the bit where the dye went through my tubes hurt a lot, but like bad period pains really. Just take some painkillers about an hour before and that should help a little. It's over with pretty quickly! Do you have to ring up to book it? xxx

ok thankx hun at least i know what to expect, i went for our first hospital appointment on 7th Nov and she just booked it in for the 25th nov and sent me on my way no questions or explanation xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back