Had ultrasound today

Spammy

Reaction score
Hi girls. As part of my infertility tests I had a trans vaginal ultrasound today which confirmed pcos. The plus side is everything else looked good. Just got go wait for oh's sperm test next month and when those results come through we can see the consultant. Trying to keep positive. I know pcos is treatable and at least there is an explanation.

Not sure what to expect when I see him though. If all other results are normal will I have to have other tests or will I be given treatment?

Thanks for reading. Must admit im feeling a little glum despite efforts to keep positive!

You know now so now you can treat it and get your bfp, pma hunnie all the way :hugs: x

I need to work on my positivity cos!

:hugs: sammy x x
I've also found out due to infertility tests I have pcos x
I've started taking metformin to try help it as a 1st step so waiting an see af due tomorrow x they say it only works in 50% of suffers x but there's lots of other things to help x
Weight seems to be the main issue with pcos too skinny or too curvy then it needs to be normal bmi
So I'm on a huge diet - lost 2 stone but another 2 to go so fingers crossed this will help x x

I'm sure they'll start the treatment right away - good luck :hug:

Hi drummers wife. My gp was going to put me on metformin but he said I have to have a bmi of more than 30 which I don't have. I think this is a local thing though as I know others on it with a bmi of less than me. I have also lost weight. Nearly 3 stone in total. It's hard going isn't it! Well done sounds like you are doing great! I could do with losing a little bit more but I'm a reasonably healthy weight now. My gp seems to think clomid is the way forward.

Lou-hope so! Would love a bfp by the end of the year!

Fx for all other results hun. Am sure they will give you the right treatment for you and you get your bfp soon :) xxxxxxxxxx

I've got the same. I had ultrasound that confirmed PCOS. After that My partner went for the sperm analysis. which we never got the results of. I was then sent a form for an xray to have on my ovaries they would flush my womb etc with dye then x ray it to see if any blockages. also before all that I had day 21 bloods have you had that yet. I never went for my xray as I was suppose to book it after my next period came which it didn't as I got pregnant without any help. so it can happen hun even if you have PCOS. :) hope this helps x

Spammy get yourself on board with the Clomid , i'm normal weight and its working so far for me , two good growing follicles sofar, it's good to have something to work with instead of just wondering why it isn't happening for you! After my diagnosis things moved fast on the docs side but slow on mine damn lack of periods to get going! . But now it's all go and it really does feel positive so keep pressing and there WILL be a BFP for you x x

Misscrazy I haven't had day 21 bloods done as haven't had a period for 5 months. I had a blood test done but think it was a general hormone profile as if I waited for day 21 I could be waiting for ever!

Thanks for your replies girls. It's good get moving nearer to that bfp!

Hey Spammy,

At least you know what the problem is now and they can get it all sorted for you and get your bfp

I had an external ultra sound last week and all normal so still no closer to knowing why it's not happening or why I'm spotting.

I bet you get your bfp in no time :) xx

I hope so LD! Hope you get some answers soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back