pelvic/leg aches and pains

kirlykird

Reaction score
hello ladies :wave:

looking for some help here please :)

The last few days, I have had a very stiff/pulling/aching pain in my pelvic area, the top inside area of the bone which attaches to my pelvis.

Whenever I stand up it is worse, even turning over in bed, it's like a severe sharp pulling pain, like if you opened your legs wide, the part of your bone that pulls there... sorry I'm ramblibg but trying to get the description spot on :oops:

Also aching and pulling in the back muscles of my thighs :oops:

Anyone else getting these problems and have any idea what they are?

They are really slowing down my mobility and I find I am struggling to get up as normal, I then walk keeled over like my grandma for a while :oops:

Sorry if this doesn't make sense :?

just noticed too, that it can be worse, when I stand and put pressure on it.

Sounds like SPD it's where the ligaments soften due to hormones, in your pelvis, in the pubis area. Classic sounding symptoms, talk to your midwife or gp they can get you a support belt. I have been having exactly the same symptoms, was laying on the sofa last night and couldn't get up! :shock:

it's bloomin horrible!

I have a mega pressure feeling aswell when I stand up... I am falling aprt this pregnancy! :roll:

Luckily I see m/w on Friday anyway so will mention it to her :)

Don't know much about spd :hug: hopefully MW will be able to advise further on Friday babe :hug:

I feel sorry for my poor m/w she's probably dreading me coming :wall:

I seem to turn up lately with a mega list :rotfl:

Lists are good! they stop you forgetting to ask and needing to phone her! I know how very painfull it can be, so I hope you can get it sorted. How far gone are you?

Yes definitely sounds like SPD I think there is a sticky at the top of this page about it???? Defo talk to your MW.

EllieG said:
Lists are good! they stop you forgetting to ask and needing to phone her! I know how very painfull it can be, so I hope you can get it sorted. How far gone are you?

coming up to 29 weeks...

if I don't make lists, I forget! :rotfl:

Me too I'm rubbish, always go home having forgotton what i should have asked,
Good luck
xxx

awww hun it def sounds like spd to me :hug: get your midwife to refer you as soon as poss to physio your description sounded like me trying to tell my consultant lol its not easy to describe is it
i said it felt like my bones in my groin were gonna break through the skin :oops: they referred me physio had a prod about said i had spd plus the 1 side of my pelvis was tilted and moving while the other side was locked in correct position sometimes it feels like the bones are actually grinding together :( physio will show you some exercises and prob fit you for a belt (i cant wear mine its horrific) mine has also offered me hydrotherapy but i cant fit any more appointments in at monent so maybe when i finish work i might take her up on it.
in the meantime till you get to see someone make sure you sleep with pillow in between your knees and try keep your legs together when in and out of car or turning over in bed when pain is really bad an ice pack on your pelvic bone usually eases it a bit
:hug: hope you feel better soon hun xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the advise Rach :hug:

Will def try the pillow thing :hug:

as above sounds like SPD, ive suffered with it in this pregnancy, ive got crutches and a support belt and tubigrip, though its definitely calmed down now, only time i get really bad is if i try and walk anywhere over about 300mtrs or so, and turning over in bed

mention it to mw, mine wasnt interested so i went to antenatal clinic about it and they referred me straight to physio who was really helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back