Aches and Pains

TaffyRose

Reaction score
Over the last few days I've been getting what feels like period pains sporadically throughout the day. They feel quite low down and today I had aches in my thighs, just like I used to get before I was due on. I'm guessing my little man is heading south and getting himself engaged, etc as I have also had aches in my foof and I can actually breathe properly now so I know he has dropped.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is/has experienced anything similar? I'm not worried as they are in now way regular but I just wondered if my body is starting to prepare. My mum was between 4 and 6 weeks early with us 3 so although it doesn't necessary follow I have always been prepared that I may have the baby early xxx

I've had similar, nothing major just annoying period pains low down. I just put it down to LO's head being down and some ligament stretching. Although you are further along than me, so yours could be entirely different. Do they come and go or are they fairly constant?

Just wonder whether its worth having a quick chat with your mw?
xx

SOunds like ur body is preparing itself for something hun, how exciting! The midwife at our active birth class at the weekend said that early/ irregular pains and BH are due to ur cervix repositioning. As during pregnancy it tilts right back, so it could possibly be ur cervix tilting back forward? xx

That is exciting, but also scary :) I've got a midwife appointment next week so assuming they don't become more painful or more frequent I'll talk to her about them then, be interesting to find out if the baby's engaged at all. It's weird I do feel like my body is gearing up for something, although I know this can start a few weeks before labour so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I'm also still on my crazy nesting mission, I had my OH painting our front door today, he's been so good lately I just keep coming up with jobs that HAVE to be done xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back