Parentcraft classes

AugustMum

Reaction score
Ive FINALLY got my letter from the midwife about when my antenatal classes are starting...and they don't start until June 21st! Ill be almost 38 weeks on the last class lol. Im going to be the size of a house!

Anyone else going to any classes? I want to go mainly to meet other people in my area. It said in the letter to bring a pillow, and I said to the FOB that I wasn't sure what it would be for, but he's pretty sure its for him to fall asleep on. He was mortified when I told him it was 2 hours lol.

I didn't do them 1st time round and won't be doing them this time either x 2 hours?! That's a long time x good on you for doing them though x let us know how it goes x

i will do them and i was sure OH wasnt intrested but a girl at work said to me atleast to ask him, and i did (said it was to prepare to be parents) he said yes he want to come! But really is it about the labour isnt it?

I've just finished my last class today, 4 classes 2 hours each. We didn't have to bring a pillow thankfully but might have been a bit more comfy. There's a girl from my class due in two weeks, then I'm next but another already had hers at 28 weeks just after the first class!!
I have to say the blokes wanted more hard facts and I think that's sometimes difficult because there are so many variables and everyone is so different. Nice to meet others locally though!

I was wondering about antenatal classes, my midwife hasn't mentioned them yet and I don't see her again for another 2 weeks. Do you know if you have to pay for them? I do think I should go, I don't *really* have any clue about how to look after a baby and am starting to panic lol!

My classes were free and organised by the local midwives however there are NCT classes which you can pay for if you wish. I had to pester my MW a bit because I had moved GP surgery and MW care so she assumed I had already been booked to do them elsewhere.
My classes covered
session 1- signs of labour, strategies to cope, movement and relaxation
session 2- pain relief, birth plans, complications and interventions
session 3- breastfeeding workshop
session 4- health visitor session covering taking baby home, equipment and postnatal support.
Apart from the last session it was more about the lead up to and including delivery. Today we touched a bit more on looking after baby but nothing very practical, just hints and tips.

we only had two parentcraft classes and they lasted for 2hours each, i found them ok. It's a good opertunity to ask any questions you may have. Our 2 classes mainly covered the stages of labour, pain relief, normal deliveries and abnormal deliveries. i didn't really find that there was a chance to meet any other mums to be as there was such a range of woman at different stages of pregnancy and everyone was just listening to the midwifes.

I suppose it'll be interesting to go even if I dont get a chance to really chat to people. I do hope we have comfy seats though, 2 hours is a fair amount of time to sit on uncomfortable chairs.

I think its the breastfeeding bit Im most interested in. Get a bit more advice maybe, cause Id really like to give it my best shot.

Definatly take a cushion with you because my back was very painful afterwards! At the last class they had 3 breastfeeding support workers there giving a talk and answering questions, they were so helpful and friendly. They had lots of leaflets on what they have to offer like drop in centers and classes etc. It was worth going just for that info.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back