Uh oh I'm gonna miss the classes

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
I just missed the last lot of antenatal classes and the next lots of classes clash with my due date so I can't see me making it to them ones. Am I going to find it hard giving birth because I didn't go to antenatal classes?

I don't get any round here as my midwife has been useless, so interested what others have to say on this!

We had one ante natal class and it was useless. It is prolly worth seeing if you can arange a tour of the labour ward though as i did find that part useful...I found reading book and coming here i learnt most..Also i got some great info from my M/w

Birth is hard enough anyways, your MW will do the breathing with you when your in labour and positions.

To be honest, the class I went to (1 day long) didnt teach me much more that what you pick up from here.

The main reason we went was to make a few friends but because everybody was from all over the place we didnt really get to know many people, we didnt actually take any phone numbers, just said 'might see you in July then' lol . I find this place alot better for a support network, I feel Ive made loads of friends here :D

When i had my daughter i never went to antenatal classes n never had any problems. The antenantal r more there for questions n stuff and for settin ur mind at rest for labour. Most of the stuff u find out there u can find out online and thru ur midwife and books.
If u find out if there are any at other hospitals u should be able to go to them instead.
I went to one yesterday, it was alright but a little packed n felt uncomfy to ask questions or anythin, i would have rather just asked my midwife or friends stuff that i was concerned about xx

went to one - learnt nothing except let your OH do the night feeds :shock: so useful as I was single. Went into early labour that afternoon, and panicked thinking how will i know what to do. My mum went through the breathing with me as the contractions came. I'd read enough good books/magazines to know what to expect. This time I wouldn't even bother - although locally they say if you've had more than 10 years between pregnancies you should attend again :?

Dont know how useful they are to be honest, we have our first one on 13th Aug :?

First time around I went to all the ante natal classes (about 10) and found them of no use at all to me in the end.

This time around the hospital organised a big day of classes and a tour of the ante, labour and post natal wards. I found the tour very helpful and did pick up a few things from the classes.

It might be worth asking your hospital about the tour. Or if you really want to go to the classes see if they are being run at a different time in a nearby town.

:hug:

I missed mine too hun. I was due to go on the Saturday but Dan was born 4 weeks early on the wednesday. We seem to be doing alright!! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back