• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

paranoid about going into labour!!

BumbleTumble

Reaction score
i know this sounds really stupid!
and its very TMI! (what else :p)

since yesterday, ive been really worried about going into labour!
ive just been feeling soooo uncomfortable, im not even that big, people have actually been saying i look small! its difficult to get off the sofa even, or bend down, get up the stairs....
last week i had major snotty discharge, which could have been a bit of plug? and i have been going to the loo more often (number 2!) which apparently could be another sign!
accompanied by some random twinges which could possibly be BH contractions, but i dont know!

i think im more than likely seeing signs that arent there because im so worried about things going wrong!!!!

Sure everything is fine hun, maybe give your MW if your worried tomorrow? Have you got an appointment soon? x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hiya

I'm pleased it's not just me feeling this way. I too had a snotty discharge last week, feel loads of pressure down below, have loads aches and pains, and generally am feeling slow, breathless, very tired and absolutely terrified of labour. I have an appt with midwife tomorrow at noon so am gonna mention all this to her, hopefully I'm just bring silly and need reassuring. Think you should call your mf too xxxx

i think im seeing my MW this week, but i cant remember, it might be next week!
im sure its fine, im around loads of doctors and nurses all day anyway! (mental health, but im sure they will still know what they are talking about :p)

hope it goes ok tomorrow CathC :)

xx

Try not to panic hun, you get all sorts of aches and pains the futher along you get, it,s just your body preparing for birth, even tho it,s weeks away. I,ve been having the same things, but she,s showing no signs of coming just yet.

i havnt stopped worrying since i found out i was preggers at about 4 weeks!! i dont expect i will stop worrying when she is here either! lol!

the worry gets worse at night because im in my room alone, and everyone is asleep, so i wouldnt be able to get hold of anyone easily.

If its any consolation i've been having all the same things you described as well as the feeling that things are going to happen early i think this stems back to my daughter though as she was born at 37+4 weeks! I kinda have good days and bad days, i think its all normal and as masonowen said just our bodies preparing us for labour but as the others have said if your worried in any way just give your mw a ring or speak to her at your next appointment about your concerns xxx

i have my appointment on thursday, so the poor midwife will have to listen to me rant on and on about various things!!!

Hi just to update!!
Saw mw today and told her all my woes, she listened and then said "I think you feel worse when you actually know what's going to happen" I laughed and explained she was supposed to make me feel better and put me at ease. She wasn't concerned at all so I actually came out feeling a little better. Anyway everything checked out well and she took more blood so just the last bit of waiting now til I get my cervical suture out on 12th June.
Hope you have had a better day today bumbletumble xx

I've been feeling really paranoid about pre-term labour, especially as it's more common with twin pregnancies, and my DS was born 11 days early. I've had a very heavy feeling down there, so much so that it feels as if Twin 1 is actually dropping out! lol I've also been feeling a lot of BH, etc. I had my growth scan today, though, and everything looks fine and twins are right where they should be, so I'm hoping to calm down about it (well, as much as I can keep calm about anything this pregnancy!). It's good you asked your MW about it all as that is exactly what they are there for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back