labour question

valleygirl24

Reaction score
I know that waters dont always break before you go into labour but what about your plug? Does that always tend to turn up at the start or can it be something else in the middle of labour etc?
Ive now been getting these tightenings etc all day, probably had them since last night and I slept through them (they started about half 9 but have been more uncomfortable than painful). Last night I was also getting pains around my pubic bone which today have been added to by backache - very much period pain aches with added tightenings and Im beginning to think that maybe they are more than braxtons and could be early labour signs.
I used the contraction master website earlier to try and time a few and they were arriving every 3 and a bit minutes and lasting 40-50 seconds.
OH suggests I ring midwife for advice but I feel stupid ringing them to say Im getting tightenings, no show, no waters breaking, just aches and tightenings.

maybe take a bath and some parcetmol hun should u feel the need.

should it be labour they will get alot worse im told and u will know.

I had the same the other night lasted 3 hours then everything stopped? :wall:
Just my body playing tricks on me

Hey Valleygirl -In my last pregnancy I lost my plug once my contractions had properly got under way, my waters broke shortly after that. You should call your midwife for re-assurance if you are concerned that you might be in labour - but honestly you really will know when it has started unless they are getting progressively stronger then is most likely braxtons - let us know how you get on xx

I didnt lose my plug until the pains were quite strong, I was still at home but I could not have sat down when one came on I had to walk about etc. so I wouldnt rule out labour because you have not had a show yet - good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back