painting and decorating at 20 weeks

Robyn_mcl

Reaction score
Hi ladies, looking for some advice. I will be 20 Weeks when we move into out new house and we will be painting the whole house and varnishing the wooden floors, I have been told as long as the windows and doors are open and the house is we'll ventilated I should be fine, but what's your thoughts on the fumes? X x

Personally I would avoid. Esp varnishing fumes. Plain emulsion maybe but I prpb wouldn't paint myself if I were you. You delegate and make tea! Rope in family and fiends!! Xx

I have been supervising my OH decorating the nursery this weekend. We've had all the windows open and to be honest I havent even noticed the smell of paint. I have however had to make a ridiculous number of cups of tea!

I've just done a load of painting, it was gloss and emulsion. No probs here, back was aching but no change there x

I decorated the nursery, my bedroom, and assembled ikea wardrobes, cots and drawers on my own at 35 weeks pg x

I regretted it after causes was sore, but I should think you'll be ok x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Emulsion shouldn't be a problem but I delegated some if the more fumey painted jobs to OH, like the radiator painting, just to be on the safe side! Xx

We've been doing some decorating and plan on doing lots more before the baby comes! No problems so far, as long as the room is well ventilated and you use your common sense I don't see why there would be any problems.

Same here I've just painted the hall with emulsion, as long as you have all widows open you shouldn't have a problem but you could wear a mask to be safe?

ive been painting loads lately.. just normal paint tho.. just been getting people to do the bits i cant reach!

You.lk be fine we moved at 36 weeks and I decorated LO's bedroom, our room living room and kitchen lol! x

OH is a decorator so painting is one thing I never have to do (not that I'd be "allowed" LOL)

As long as rooms are well ventilated you should be fine, although you may want to avoid sleeping in any rooms that have bene varnished that day!

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks ladies!! I was a bit worried about the fumes - we are using emulsion on the walls and gloss on the doors/skirting so I perhaps will just keep a distance when doing the gloss and varnishing the floors?
We are desperate to move in but hubby said maybe we should do all the decorating first and stay in our current flat while we doing that (we renting it out to my brother as of 1st june). But while hes doing all the decorating i could be unpacking and getting things sorted...
I was thinking starting on one room first (the kitchen) and once thats done i can be in unpacking while he does the living room. I feel kind of stressed about the move but trying to stay relaxed and just be well organised.
Any tips on moving house?? LOl
Thanks again everyone! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back