Gloss paint

Crackers

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm 14 weeks today (yay!)

My hubby painted our bedroom window frames and sideboard with gloss paint this morning (about 3 hours ago now). It's not dry yet, and the smell is quite strong. I've got all the windows open upstairs to ventilate our room.

I'm a bit worried about sleeping in the room tonight because of the fumes. It'll be about 12/13 hours after painting, but do you think it'll be safer to sleep in the spare room tonight? I've tried Googljng paint fumes/pregnant/etc, but Googke scares me sometimes!

Thanks in advance x

If you can still smell it then I would, it might give you a headache. It may have cleared by tonight though hun xx

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

Paints are a lot safer than they used to be. I agree with cosmic, if you can still smell it then it could cause headaches or nausea so sleep in the spare room xxxxxxx

:wave: welcome to tri 2 hunny! dont forget to post ur details on the rollcall :D

Unless you really cannot stand the smell I would not worry. Paints are alot safer and in the last month we have had the decorator in and had nearly the whole house painted, including the en suite so had the smell of gloss paint pretty much permenantly. It has only just gone!!

Thanks girls. I actually really like the smell (!) but was just paranoid that breathing it in all night when I'm sleeping could cause harm to bubs.

X

I checked about paint with my MW, cos i got fed up waiting for DH to start on the nursery, so wanted to do it myself.

And she said that gloss was the one to watch out for ( not to panic or anything) - but that matt/silk was safer. - cant remember why thought TBH.

So maybe it would be better to sleep in an alternate room if you have that option.

xxx

I would sleep in the spare room just to be on the safe side. X

Thanks for all of your replies.

In case you're interested I did sleep in the spare room last night. We've had our bedroom windows open all day again today (brrr...cold!) The smell has dispersed a lit, although still slightly there. The gloss is all dry now though so I'm thinking it's just "smell" rather than "fumes" so not too worried. Back to my bed tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back